Blown Attic Insulation

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
id say talk to the oilers oh wait you said blow they just suck lol

Holly c*ap (I think thats how BB does it)

Give this man an award for the most original one liner of the year......

must be a flames fan......

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holly c*ap (I think thats how BB does it)

Give this man an award for the most original one liner of the year......

must be a flames fan......

:confused::confused:the flames have fans????????????:rolleyes:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good company for the Edmonton Area??

You bet. I can give you some info if you would like, or haven't found anyone. It's a guy I have worked with for about 10 years in Edmonton. His boss, is also a sled head. PM me if you still need someone.

Doug

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy insulation from rona/ home depot and get to use machine free.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you buy from a retail store, you only get retail coverage out of your bag's. The ones from the blow companies, have construction size bags, and the hopper they use is about 5 times the size. So in a commercial application, you get more coverage/ sq. ft. then you ever would, doing it yourself.

Nothing wrong with doing it yourself, But I do believe, that there are something's in life worth paying for.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
If you buy from a retail store, you only get retail coverage out of your bag's. The ones from the blow companies, have construction size bags, and the hopper they use is about 5 times the size. So in a commercial application, you get more coverage/ sq. ft. then you ever would, doing it yourself.

Nothing wrong with doing it yourself, But I do believe, that there are something's in life worth paying for.[/QUOTE]

You are correct....my divorce was well worth the $$$$$$'s

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had our done yesterday by Energy Savers out of Sherwood Park. I had a quote from Cozy in St.Albert in July then when I asked them to come in Oct. the price went up $400.00
Our place was 1200.00 tax incl. to go to R40 approx 1200 sq ft

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
anyone looking into this int he future you can now buy a 2 part spray foam than comes in cylinders much like 20lb propane tank, comes with a small plastic hose and gun and is a very easy application, i've seen it used twice now in commercial reno's i can try to find out supplier for anyone interested.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF are you on. Talking about insulation and you come here flogging your purses. I think that before anybody here spends $2700 or so on a purse they would buy some safety equipment to take sledding or pay for the attic to be insulated.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spray foam is the way to go..but if it was not in your building plans you will be bucking the system, and they are not up to speed with spray foam.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nothing wrong with doing it yourself, But I do believe, that there are something's in life worth paying for.[/QUOTE]

You are correct....my divorce was well worth the $$$$$$'s
That's what she said.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spray foam is the way to go..but if it was not in your building plans you will be bucking the system, and they are not up to speed with spray foam.

Spray foam is the way to go, it is pricey but worth every penny. In the long term!!!

Since this org thread was started, the company I work for has 2 spray foam trucks. And I manage that division now, as well I am a Certifed sprayer. If you are getting 2lbs sprayfoam done at your place, and using BASF chemical? There is many PDF files that can be sent to your builder/architec/inspector, that will please them and you can carry on.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As an electrician the only objection I have to spray foam is that it sure makes renovations after the fact more difficult. Which of course means it will cost more. :)

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No doubt :rolleyes:

I have all my sprayers push the wires tight to the outside wall, and bury them in foam. If the job is sprayed in 1/2lbs (which is junk, IMHO) thats pretty easy to dig out.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In PG they call for R22 in the walls the spray foam is only R21, so they make you put Styrofoam on the outside walls... retarted. The spray foam does not loss as much R value as fibreglass when the temperature drops. You can sure tell the difference in the fall who has spray foam and who does not. The spray foam houses still have frost on the roofs and the blown ones the frost is long gone.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The reason that the snow or frost is off the roof, is that there is NOT enough insulation in the attic. You can look at ANY roof in ANY city, if there is not good ventilation or enough attic itch. The roof will BE bare. While others still have snow or frost on there shingles.

1/2lbs spray foam (open cell) = R- 3.5/inch Which still requires a vapor barrior, or THEY :confused: say that at 7+ inches does not require one, as long as you have a 3/4" floor that you are spraying too :confused: again????
2lbs Spray foam (closed cell) = R- 6.22/ inch

What you want to look for is, the LTTR in the spray foam that is being applied, BASF has a R-6.22/ per inch. Meaning that a R-21.77 be obtained in a 2x4 wall.

Top Bottom