Beware

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow u have a issue with red plates, With ppl posting there opinion, Sounds like your one of the guys in revy who don't want outsiders there. This is suppose to be a friendly site for info, connections so everyone can ride safer. Not for ppl to make coments about ppl who are from other places, You sound like u have a chip on your shoulder. Maybe keep it too yourself and let ppl try to help ea other and maybe catch those a hole who are stealing what alot of us worked hard for. Maybe u don't need our money but alot of bussiness in Revy do like our money.
That's the last I have to say on this subject.
wow, you're kind of off on a tangent there dude. I didn't see anywhere that he said anything about people from other provinces than BC, I see a few members from BC listing their prized posessions in their sig line as well. personally, I'm not a fan of doing that either.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, you're kind of off on a tangent there dude. I didn't see anywhere that he said anything about people from other provinces than BC, I see a few members from BC listing their prized posessions in their sig line as well. personally, I'm not a fan of doing that either.

Yea the comments about red plates and jacked up shortboxes wasn't pointed at Albertians at aaaaalllll....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy Revy bash down! Don't come. Our town will survive. Go to Golden it is awesome. All the money red plates spend on their jacked up short boxes you think you could come up with some better security on your own, sure like the guys who put the baby monitors in their trailers, master shut offs, Alarms etc. The thieves come here not golden cause we are close to the major centres, Golden is like on an Island, couple hours each way to go hide. A few simple steps will ensure you take your stuff home. Should the cops worry about your stuff and patrol parking lots? You have to be kidding. They are busy writing HID and speeding tickets.......... Stop some of that bs maybe they would have more time. Who buys all this stolen stuff?

Yea the comments about red plates and jacked up shortboxes wasn't pointed at Albertians at aaaaalllll....
oops. I guess I breezed over the above post, the same way I do every time a butt hurt BC resident posts the same bullch!t. my bad. pile on him, especially if you fit the stereotype....

Reactions: LID

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look around the parking lot? Go ahead pile it on. What bullch!t is that. Never said those guys suck just saying sure LOOkS like there is available money for some kick ass security. I enjoy meeting all the great people from everywhere up on the hills and have been helped and have helped many. But if I went somewhere ch!t gets stolen a lot I would do everything in my power to make sure I take my toys home. Skye is the limit on things you can, and should do.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look around the parking lot? Go ahead pile it on. What bullch!t is that. Never said those guys suck just saying sure LOOkS like there is available money for some kick ass security. I enjoy meeting all the great people from everywhere up on the hills and have been helped and have helped many. But if I went somewhere ch!t gets stolen a lot I would do everything in my power to make sure I take my toys home. Skye is the limit on things you can, and should do.
I'm not saying you don't have a valid point, just when you go to the lifted red plate thing all of a sudden it turns from a thread on how you should take caution into how everyone hates Alberta riders and their stuff. I too don't know why a guy wouldn't hold off on that pair of oakleys for a cutoff switch or a heavy chain and good padlock to run through their trailer tires.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, good message, bad delivery. Again, guys need to take better steps at looking after their stuff. We agree on that. Just got me hot when I read "oh it's Revy and it does not go on anywhere else" law of averges comes into play. One of the pit falls of being in ONE of the best (easy access) places to ride, maggots follow. Sorry for the dudes who lost their ch!t in our little mountain town.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, good message, bad delivery. Again, guys need to take better steps at looking after their stuff. We agree on that. Just got me hot when I read "oh it's Revy and it does not go on anywhere else" law of averges comes into play. One of the pit falls of being in ONE of the best (easy access) places to ride, maggots follow. Sorry for the dudes who lost their ch!t in our little mountain town.
you could easily say that Revy is the most popular area to ride in western Canada. not only for Albertans or Saskies, but the southern contingent as well. as any out of towner, I would ask too why there isn't a more proactive local movement to prevent thefts. be it an awareness campaign or an organized group of local businesses that may sponsor a community watch program specifically aimed at these big dollar thefts in the area. of course it is a 2 way street, all riders should do their part to ensure their hard earned toys aren't cherry picked. it's the same story every season, I don't see it ending anytime soon. we all know theives will go above and beyond to get what they want, let's not make anything easy for them.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chains , locks , cables are not much of a deterent to the average thief, motel security would be a definite help.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best place to stay in my opinion. I dont recall hearing of any theft there. its always better to have it behind a fence or locked gate.
Alek the owner is a sledder himself so he really has your best interest in mind

What is the Peaks like with the compound?? Any theif there going on?? I believe he has cameras up to in parking lot now??

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some guys that got there sleds stolen came back to town without sleds but got bed bug bites at the sandman nice trade off for riding revy

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobsledder And some of those sleds recovered from Boulder were never claimed because they were stolen........
Revy is famous for sleds being ripped off.
Not true. That was a bad rumor that many were already hot. They were all legit

Has to be true....I read it here on S&M. Everything on here is true..

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well WOW!!! peeps got a little hot and really when you look at the big picture. You can go to a mall and get your vehicle broken into.... park on the wrong street in Detroit and a half hour later be without fenders and wheels but still have your car (saw it happen)... go skiing and lose your skis during lunch and go sledding and lose you sled if there is money to be made by crime then it will happen EVERYWHERE!!! and it isnt someone elses problem Its yours/mine/everyones. I live in Alberta now and I dont have rolls of twenties falling out of my pockets but I love the great people of BC and use to live there for years so I protect whats mine. In a nutshell it happens in the one of the best sledding towns in BC cause there is a LOT of unprotected items in one town small at one time. No one would ever hear about it in a city of a couple of million and no one would care there either... So my words chill out and enjoy what you got and "protect it or lose it". When I go sledding for the day there is nothing of value in my truck it all goes with me. Im sorry for who it happens to and what you lose and I hope the scum get caught but thats a dream of mine

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And here is a product that might work real well if you feel that you can afford a little protection and to help fight theft. Just hide it on your sled while you sleep and set up a fence so if it leaves the parking lot you know right away

Garmin GTU 10 GPS Tracking Device (010-00887-10/12)- GPSCentral.ca

The size is 3inches long and 1 1/2 wide

Donegal-BCSF

Reaction score
Website
www.bcsf.org
That Garmin device is very cool. Imagine the surprise of the thieves when the cops come rolling in. They say on order right now not available...I will definitely be checking back!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one and find that the size is what counts.... the real surprizing thing about all the options is that no one uses anything... i would love to give my phone to the police and say follow my sled so that i get it back and sure enough the scum that took it would be real close by.
But be sure enough that I WOULD NEVER wish that anyone would have there sled stolen.
LOL you know what women say "size matters" and when it fits in the palm of your hand you can hide it just about anywhere. I will wait for the comments on that one:rolleyes: :eek::angel:
Rich

JSR

Reaction score
It is unfortunate the RCMP don't set up sting operations, but my previous experience with insured vehicles is they seem to be a low priority when it comes to police work. A few years back, my wife's car was backed into in our condo parking lot, there was only one set of dually tracks shown in the fresh snow, blue paint on the fender of her car. There was one guy who lived in the bldg that worked for a well servicing company, who happened to get picked up daily by a blue decked dually. When we reported the hit and run to the RCMP, the constable told us that "we are not CSI". He then mentioned that because the vehicle was insured, there wouldn't be much effort put into checking on the dually we thought did the damage. I'm guessing the RCMP in Revelstoke have higher priority work to do? If your sleds get stolen, claim them on your insurance seems to be the story! Sad, but probably true!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is unfortunate the RCMP don't set up sting operations, but my previous experience with insured vehicles is they seem to be a low priority when it comes to police work. A few years back, my wife's car was backed into in our condo parking lot, there was only one set of dually tracks shown in the fresh snow, blue paint on the fender of her car. There was one guy who lived in the bldg that worked for a well servicing company, who happened to get picked up daily by a blue decked dually. When we reported the hit and run to the RCMP, the constable told us that "we are not CSI". He then mentioned that because the vehicle was insured, there wouldn't be much effort put into checking on the dually we thought did the damage. I'm guessing the RCMP in Revelstoke have higher priority work to do? If your sleds get stolen, claim them on your insurance seems to be the story! Sad, but probably true!
The Revy cops must be busy. You can't even catch one at Timmies....

Top Bottom