Best Helmet/ Goggle / Breath Box Combo?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the best helmet, breath box and Google combo you have found?

I liked the breath boxes that came in the older era skidoo helmets.

But I am now looking for a lighter carbon fiber helmet and found that the breath box in the skidoo ones suck.

motofist alpha?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried several goggles (509,oakley,spy) and had fog issues because I sweat a lot, I was just about to buy a klim helmet because of all the venting but I tried my buddies smith goggles and no more fog! as for helmets I don't have a preference they all work for me as long as they fit proper

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im the exact same. Tried a tonne of different combos. Top quality helmets, goggles, and breath deflectors.......and the conclusion I came to was my head was just getting too hot. I switched to a good downhill mountain biking helmet and problem solved. It has such good ventilation that my head doesnt get as hot so goggles dont fog up. But our climate is really mild here. I have a motorfist helmet for if the temps dip down at all. Its all about being properly ventilated for the conditions you are riding in.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the smiths. Stay away from 509 worst googles I've ever owned.

X3. Bought a pair of Smith Fuelv2 that had the nose piece. I found 509 were junk, especially in the colder temps. The smiths were about 40 bucks cheaper than my sinister goggles .

Last edited:

aderry

Reaction score
Listen to o zone guy knows his goggles, and gives the best deals out there.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear the dominator helmet and two 509 aviators with manageable fog issues as I rotate them as they fog to my goggle bag. Tried lots of goggles a few helmets out and this is the best combo I've had. Gf runs a 509 helmet and two pairs of 509 sinisters and she ends up borrowing mine a bit but probably because she doesn't have the stamina to really warm up the goggle bag in her sled. Best way to go is try out a few combinations of friends who will let you and make your own decision. I took my quad helmet and snowboard goggles the first few trips and tried out friends stuff until I found the aviators and they really worked worth my hjc helmet but the weight savings of the dominator I had to switch. I lend out all my gear all the time if you're up in the Gp Dawson creek tumbler ridge area you can take my entire Motorfist setup for a day and see what you think

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

To add a little more to my question which helmet\google combo seals the best?

For skiing/ snowboarding it is simple I have a Smith helmet and Smith googles. There are no gaps and therefore no frostbite.

I have an old school skidoo helmet with Smith goggles that seal well. The problem is the skidoo helmet is heavy compared to some of the new ones.

Does anyone make a carbon fiber helmet with a breath box like this?

uploadfromtaptalk1408935455116.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1408935468176.jpg

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 sinister's suck the big one!, i rotate between the aviator's and a pair of spy's.. aviator's are pretty good(i sweat alot) until it gets cold, going to try a pair of smiths after reading this thread.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

To add a little more to my question which helmet\google combo seals the best?

For skiing/ snowboarding it is simple I have a Smith helmet and Smith googles. There are no gaps and therefore no frostbite.

I have an old school skidoo helmet with Smith goggles that seal well. The problem is the skidoo helmet is heavy compared to some of the new ones.

Does anyone make a carbon fiber helmet with a breath box like this?

View attachment 173000View attachment 173001

The breath box in my new fly helmet looks similar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKDeuce

Reaction score
I don't know about the best combo, but I have a hjc helmet, hjc breath box, and scott hustle snow goggles. Use this combo on the coldest Sask. days and in the mountains. They seal great and the only time they fog is if I hang them face down on the bars and it snows in them.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fly carbon helmet and aviators work well for me, on the warm days I pull out the breath box and just use sunglasses

Top Bottom