Beef pricing

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do a couple cows ever summer 1 for me and a couple buddies split the other one, came in at $ 5.50per LB vac packed in my freezer, best meat you can ever have but its lots of work and some messing around, to the farmers on here ive been feeding COB and 4H feed from champion for 2-3 months along with all the grass they can mow in my corral, is there a cheeper/better way or just keep doing what im doing because it sure does turn out tasty

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do a couple cows ever summer 1 for me and a couple buddies split the other one, came in at $ 5.50per LB vac packed in my freezer, best meat you can ever have but its lots of work and some messing around, to the farmers on here ive been feeding COB and 4H feed from champion for 2-3 months along with all the grass they can mow in my corral, is there a cheeper/better way or just keep doing what im doing because it sure does turn out tasty

Don’t think I’d worry personally. You know where it came from how it was fed and is delicious Win win.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one that thinks a farmer is a gouger or makes to much has zero idea on what it takes to run a farm.
Grain or cattle.
Overhead cost and market risk are just crazy when you see the actual profit margin.
We were at a point of having to give up the day jobs we had and go all in.
Just could not see being that much in debt and an uncontrollable market that is marginally profitable.

Hats off to every farmer that feeds us.
Sidewalk dwellers have no idea.
Marketing after the farmer is where to look for reasoning.
Absolutely, farmer has to buy at retail, sell at wholesale, and pay the trucking both ways. Not to mention all the rest involved, labor, equip, parts etc.. But some like to think chit magically appears in aisle 4 at the supermarkets, those are the ones that need to eat that wood filled chit at Mc D's and such.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Top Bottom