Base layers

spikeydave

Reaction score
Best base layer I have ever worn is called X-Bionic, it is a swiss product and outright rocks. It is not cheap, but works the best I have ever had. I use it for skiing and sledding and when I would sweat like crazy with other good products this wicks excess moisture away while keeping some close to your body as a thermal insulation. Using it skiing it worked awesome so the big test was sledding as I always leak big time, this system I was warm when needed and not drenched and cold, also uses your body sweat to cool you and try to maintain your body temp constant. Definitely worth a peak.... Welcome to | X-BIONIC® International. I got mine at Sundance ski shop in Edmonton.

Cheers.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got walmarts athletic stuff. fleece sweater and pants and moisture wicking long johns and shirts for skiing. On a mountain trip im out there for 5 days so i have 5 sets of base layers otherwise it gets gross. Heard guys washing their stuff in the sink and having two days worth of stuff so one drys the day you wear the other but meh 5 days works. with 5 sets it would have been expensive to get name branded stuff, i thought i would try this stuff out and its lasted the test of time.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to do a story on the companies around that work against Snowmobiling Access... but as I started investigating I got a bit overwhelmed.
some companies simply are supporting groups, like donating money to groups who in turn are trying to shut us down, but other companies are actively working to prevent motorized access to ride areas.

google it.. it makes you pretty sick to your stomach.. The safe bet, instead of focusing on the companies working against us, try with all your might to support the sled industry related companies. I think there was a link on here a while ago with the companies that were not sled friendly.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best base layer I have ever worn is called X-Bionic, it is a swiss product and outright rocks. It is not cheap, but works the best I have ever had. I use it for skiing and sledding and when I would sweat like crazy with other good products this wicks excess moisture away while keeping some close to your body as a thermal insulation. Using it skiing it worked awesome so the big test was sledding as I always leak big time, this system I was warm when needed and not drenched and cold, also uses your body sweat to cool you and try to maintain your body temp constant. Definitely worth a peak.... Welcome to | X-BIONIC® International. I got mine at Sundance ski shop in Edmonton.

Cheers.
Holy tech loaded website. There is so much going on there, it's actually confusing. I certainly hope that this gear does not keep some moisture close to your body as thermal insulation, because water is the complete opposite of thermal insulation. That is why your body sweats, to create moisture on the surface which cools your body as it evaporates or moves away.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the mouth of babes.. Mr Sage.. my 11 year old has decided this is the only shirt he needs for school.
"I'm never hot, never cold, I run outside and I don't stink or get wet". Day 2 of him wearing my shirt.
578724_10151730751877993_1713219058_n.jpg

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the klim gear been using it for a few years now just gotta get some zippers repaired for this season. After MOMMA had her post on the motor fist gear for women I will be getting my step daughter some for this riding season it is very hard to find good fitting gear for her. but she will be trying out the motor fist gear this year thanks MOMMA.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the klim gear been using it for a few years now just gotta get some zippers repaired for this season. After MOMMA had her post on the motor fist gear for women I will be getting my step daughter some for this riding season it is very hard to find good fitting gear for her. but she will be trying out the motor fist gear this year thanks MOMMA.

thank you!! I'll be at the sled show this year, and I'd love to meet your step daughter! Find me if you guys are going! I think I'm going to bring Brookie too!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a ton of base layers but my favorite so far is the ski-doo X-static. The top and bottoms are more loose fitting so extra comfy but never slide where they shouldn't. I find them with my shell outerwear and I'm always a good temp, a bit cold on the trail in maybe but not uncomfortable and always just right when I'm boondocking. I've also worn Klim, Mark's, Paradox, MEC, Stanfields, Helly Hansen, etc. I always keep my stanfields wool shirt in my pack just in case it gets cold or there's an unexpected overnight stay.

I also wear ski-doo socks and they are for sure my favorites I've worn Marks, woolies, smartwool, and North Face but the ski-doo socks rock. They come up really high and stay up and wick moisture very well. I just wear really old snowboard boots and switching socks made a big difference in how my feet stayed drier and warmer.

Sorry to pimp the ski-doo stuff so hard I was really skeptical of it but I was chosen as a gear tester for them last season and got outfitted head to toe. I'm not just telling you it's good, I've worn most all of the other stuff to compare.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a ton of base layers but my favorite so far is the ski-doo X-static. The top and bottoms are more loose fitting so extra comfy but never slide where they shouldn't. I find them with my shell outerwear and I'm always a good temp, a bit cold on the trail in maybe but not uncomfortable and always just right when I'm boondocking. I've also worn Klim, Mark's, Paradox, MEC, Stanfields, Helly Hansen, etc. I always keep my stanfields wool shirt in my pack just in case it gets cold or there's an unexpected overnight stay.

I also wear ski-doo socks and they are for sure my favorites I've worn Marks, woolies, smartwool, and North Face but the ski-doo socks rock. They come up really high and stay up and wick moisture very well. I just wear really old snowboard boots and switching socks made a big difference in how my feet stayed drier and warmer.

Sorry to pimp the ski-doo stuff so hard I was really skeptical of it but I was chosen as a gear tester for them last season and got outfitted head to toe. I'm not just telling you it's good, I've worn most all of the other stuff to compare.

the doo stuff looks awesome this year too! I saw this super cool plaid, fleece lined jacket with a removable hood this morning! It's a casual coat, and looks super comfy

Top Bottom