Barrett-Jackson, 19 hours this weekend!!!!

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody else gonna be stuck on SPEED channel this weekend? The wife is already sick of it and I've only had it on for two hours. I hope all this work pays off someday and I cn afford a collector car (69 Camaro) someday.:)

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody else gonna be stuck on SPEED channel this weekend? The wife is already sick of it and I've only had it on for two hours. I hope all this work pays off someday and I cn afford a collector car (69 Camaro) someday.:)

Brew doo... i'm with you on this one! :D Love to see all those late 60's and early 70's muscle cars roll accross the auction block! My wife loves to watch it as much as I do suprisingly? :confused: After 15 years of hearing me whinning about not having my dream car, '67 Camaro ss/rs 350 convertable, she loves to see me enjoy watching them on TV instead I guess. :D

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brew doo... i'm with you on this one! :D Love to see all those late 60's and early 70's muscle cars roll accross the auction block! My wife loves to watch it as much as I do suprisingly? :confused: After 15 years of hearing me whinning about not having my dream car, '67 Camaro ss/rs 350 convertable, she loves to see me enjoy watching them on TV instead I guess. :D

:D:D My wife will surely send me to watch it in the garage but that's ok because the beer fridge is out there.:beerchug:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Completely forgot about that. SPEED will be on for a fair share of this weekened then :D I think you should go with the '67....gotta love the extra set of headlights lol SAFETY FIRST.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, my wife doesn't mind watching it either. Heck, she wants a collector car too.

I have many faves, but would like to have a 68/69 Pontiac Firebird convertible. Like the old trucks a lot too.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Like this one.:D

Attachments

• DSCN2665cloned.jpg
    DSCN2665cloned.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 112

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like this one.:D

Beautiful car. Is it yours? My friend has a 69 RS/SS 375hp 396 in his garage. He's had it for 12 years and has never done anything with it. Body needs a bit of work but the car is in pretty nice shape. His plan is to do it all up when he retires in a few years. Love the silver/black of that Z28.:)

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beautiful car. Is it yours? My friend has a 69 RS/SS 375hp 396 in his garage. He's had it for 12 years and has never done anything with it. Body needs a bit of work but the car is in pretty nice shape. His plan is to do it all up when he retires in a few years. Love the silver/black of that Z28.:)

It's my dad's

brucehiscott

Reaction score
love Barrett, I grew up in Windsor so they were crazy for muscle cars and the Woodward dream cruise always brought out the best of the best. But for me I am a fan of old European cars, like the old Aston Martins and the 356 Porsche or the 300sl gullwing but I don't think I will ever have half a million extra to drop on a car, maybe I will just build a 72 bronco instead someday

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love Barrett, I grew up in Windsor so they were crazy for muscle cars and the Woodward dream cruise always brought out the best of the best. But for me I am a fan of old European cars, like the old Aston Martins and the 356 Porsche or the 300sl gullwing but I don't think I will ever have half a million extra to drop on a car, maybe I will just build a 72 bronco instead someday

In Creston there was a man who had a 67 Mustang GT350, I used to stalk him and one day I went up to him and told him how much I loved his car. He invited me to his house to see his whole collection of mustangs and his AC Cobra. It was awesome, there was quite a history with each of the cars, none of them were clone cars. He asked my help moving his cars to a car show, so I was able to drive a few mustangs, a thunderbird and I sat in the AC Cobra. :d

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I definately will be watching it. My dream car is a 77-81 Trans Am, with T- tops. Had one when I was younger, but due to a divorce had to sell it. Been looking for one to do up again but hard to find. But if I had the kind of money those people have on Barrett Jackson, I would go with some sort of old 1932 coupe, custom. :d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, will be watching off and on, throughout the weekend... Have had many, many muscle and collector cars over the years.... Shoulda kept about 12 of them or so...... '69 mach 1 mustang, 428 cobrajet 4 speed with "dragpak" and shaker hood--saw one on barrett/jackson go for $189,000 last show.... 2 split window corvettes(1 more of a parts car), '79 gtx 440 6pack with air grabber, several chargers and a superbee..... Got old pics and great memories of most of the cars ......... Sold them back then, always with the idea, i'd get another one down the road(ya, right!!).
Dream car is the superbird, 440 6pack(the daytona would doo in a pinch, i guess)............

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Intersting to see what kind of coin some of these cars will bring given the state of the economy.....

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a local car collector / broker that buys and sells collector cars...I'm sure there is more then one, but theres one that I know....He goes to Barret Jackson sometimes and brings them back here. He's got quite the collection....if anyone is looking for something, he would be the local guy to either have it or find it.....he as an collector car auction once a year....I go just to droll....

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I definately will be watching it. My dream car is a 77-81 Trans Am, with T- tops. Had one when I was younger

Me too I had a 1980 Y84 Bandit Edition just missing the cb antenna and the cowboy hat....I loved that car :(

Attachments

• 80_12_sb.jpg
    80_12_sb.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 55

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I wouldn’t mind checking out the Barrett Jackson for real down in Arizona. The wife as well is crazy about old mussel cars this pic was her own daily driver a 1972 Cuda wishes she still had it now and so do I.
Pic of it back in the day, hard to see but it had a sun roof! wouldn’t get away with that now…

CopyofCuda002.jpg

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone ever make it down to barrett jackson in arizona be sure to check out the Russo and Steele Auctions. It is right across the road from barrett. It runs the same days as well. The link to their website is Russo and Steele Collector Automobile Auctions - Collector Cars. Alot of good cars go through there. January I found some better deals as their commission is not as steep as barrett's. Both shows are great. Check them both out if your ever down there!:)

Top Bottom