bad bog and throttle response on my m1

catm1000

Reaction score
hey guys, i bought a 07 m1000 in great shape and it was looked after really well. I too it for a rip today and i have a real bad bog, running high rpm at low speeds and crappy throttle response....power valves gummed up? I dunno just tryin to find a fix before i bring it to mountain magic.......WTF

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check clutches first, especially belt deflection. After that, I'd look at power valve cable adjustment, and possibly stuck valves. Did you do a compression test? Any mods? Has the ecu been reflashed? These are the basics, but I suspect the culprit is in your clutching - the M1000 is a brute when properly set up...

M1K

Reaction score
Gotta be the clutches. That year had the 4 tower (unless it was upgraded to a 3) and the spider was prone to cracking. Also on mine I had the secondary inside shieve crack to the point where it almost busted right off. How about the rollers in the secondary... do they have flat spots? Belt glazed?

catm1000

Reaction score
ya...i dunno guys, i checked the power valves and they were really dirty so i cleaned them up and installed and it made a lil difference but nothin to talk about. I dont know much about belt deflection or my clutch....any suggestions?
please help:(

catm1000

Reaction score
this may sound stupid, but what about old fuel and oil? the cat feels like its running on 1 cylinder...spark plugs maybe?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, start with the basics - if you have old fuel in the sled you are asking for disaster (won't run well - if at all), and the old fuel will wreak havoc on your top end. fresh fuel and plugs, install a new belt (you're gonna need a spare anyway). Be sure to drain the old fuel from the tank, don't just top up with fresh - it isn't a lawnmower putting out 5 hp...

catm1000

Reaction score
hey thanks old fart....done all that and turns out its a cracked reed.....huh go figure, fixed and rip'n....this sled is nutz, good thing im power hungry :):beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom