Back country vs power claw track

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 crossfire 8 that had a 141x15x2 inch challenger track, which got destroyed this weekend. The challenger track is no longer made, but I can go down to a 1.75 Backcountry or else try to find a track from a newer XF highcountry since the track is currently on backorder from AC. Just wondering what opinions are on the backcountry track vs the powerclaw on the highcountry? I ride mostly offtrail and ditches in NE alberta but do plan on heading to the mountains if I ever have the time.

krazy ken

Reaction score
Have been running with a 2013 m8 153 and 2014 xt backcountry with the powder claw, track throws lots of snow even on hard packed don't have to worry about hyfax wear and cooling. Both hook up good. The backcountry uses the 2.3 powder claw thought that would be easy to find, maybe not in 141 thou.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ur plannin on headin to the mountains then the powerclaw would be ur best bet as it comes with a 2.25 lug. Will do better in the mountains than the 1.75 backcountry IMO.

Megrizzly

Reaction score
I have a back country 1.75 on my 10 switchback. Is it a good track? Yes, but really only for up to a 50% trail/ 50% off trail rider. For a predominantly off-trail rider, i do not recommend the back country. I would recommend a track from a high country which may be easier said then done since by the sounds of it your unable to ride at all. I would also think about going to a 144/146 over the 1.75 backcountry if you are unable to find a hc track. But i don't know what are available in that size since I think you need a 3" pitch?

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the problem was I needed a 3" pitch. But I managed to get lucky an find a dealer a little ways away who had a power claw in stock so it looks like my season is saved lol

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom