13 m8 153 vs pro 800 155

tyman212

Reaction score
I currently ride a 2011 crossfire 800 ltd with a 2.25 inch track. I ride flatland around home and take a few trips to the mountains every year. I love the power of my sled but the chasis is lacking. In th mountain I'm always playing in the trees and love boondocking and side hilling wherever possible. The track seems to slide out way to easily and the sled doesn't want to hold an edge very well. I'm sure narrower a arms would solve this but I'm thinking of getting on a new chasis all together. My question is m8 or pro 800? Have never ridden a pro but the dry weight would be awesome. Eventually I will be turboing the sled and would like to have a lightweight chasis to start. I was a mechanic at AC for a year so I'm familier with there problems, ride a 13 m8 163 demo this winter but the ride was cut short when the rail stabbed the track. Other then that the chasis seemed very solid from the little ride I got out of it on hard snow. How would the pro compared to that? And would a rk tek drop in kit be a good idea to install even if it voids warrenty? I'm looking for the most nimble sled and well balanced chasis. Tried searching but mostly find XMs vs pros.
Thanks in advance

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a fair bit of seat time on a 13 Pro this year as well as a 13 M8, The Pro was one of the most dissapointing sleds I have ever ridden......... now I say that because I was expecting alot with that sled. We were given a 13 Pro as a demo for the whole season and I was really looking forward to riding that sled. Once I rode it I instantly did not like it. We had whooped up trails with 3' moguls all the way to the alpine and that sled rode the same or even worse than my 11 M8. I shrugged it off thinking oh well trail riding is gay anyway, and anxiously awaited the alpine, once there I went straight into some nice bottomless tree riding and that sled was just not impressive, failed at everything I tried, climbs, sidehills, boondocking etc. Rode three full days on that sled after that in all sorts of conditions and seemed to hate it more and more. So back to the dealer it went and we haven't taken it since.... even though we get to demo it for the entire season. Got a couple days on a 13 m8 and by far a superior sled, more power, easier to maneuver, rides better in the bumps and choppy stuff, way better track, sidehills way smoother etc. Also way more confidence in it as the thought of blowing it up isn't always in the back of my mind as it was with that Pro, and the only time that Pro felt lighter was when it was stuck, other than that the weight was a non issue

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a fair bit of seat time on a 13 Pro this year as well as a 13 M8, The Pro was one of the most dissapointing sleds I have ever ridden......... now I say that because I was expecting alot with that sled. We were given a 13 Pro as a demo for the whole season and I was really looking forward to riding that sled. Once I rode it I instantly did not like it. We had whooped up trails with 3' moguls all the way to the alpine and that sled rode the same or even worse than my 11 M8. I shrugged it off thinking oh well trail riding is gay anyway, and anxiously awaited the alpine, once there I went straight into some nice bottomless tree riding and that sled was just not impressive, failed at everything I tried, climbs, sidehills, boondocking etc. Rode three full days on that sled after that in all sorts of conditions and seemed to hate it more and more. So back to the dealer it went and we haven't taken it since.... even though we get to demo it for the entire season. Got a couple days on a 13 m8 and by far a superior sled, more power, easier to maneuver, rides better in the bumps and choppy stuff, way better track, sidehills way smoother etc. Also way more confidence in it as the thought of blowing it up isn't always in the back of my mind as it was with that Pro, and the only time that Pro felt lighter was when it was stuck, other than that the weight was a non issue

How much do you weigh?

Top Bottom