Axys 174 vs 165 G4

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard the reason the new doo is so late that Rasmussen had a pine cone go through the tunnel cooler. Might need to address their smooth tunnel coolers.

Too bad we won't find out how bad the 174 kills the new doo till mid December. Then another month till the break in mode wears off.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See a advantage for the G4, but doo needs a better skid, almost in disbelief watching it lifting the skis the way it does in early videos, 174inch track should of been a must with this power..

Poo will be light, with a big foot print, and hold skis down, in the deep it might give the G4 a chellange in the technical where doo guys are A wheelie monster..

850 should have twenty hp more and that will show forsure, but then have a turbo on the Poo and the G4 will be sucking hindtit forsure..

lots of new stuff with doo.. Motor, cooling system, skid, track, primary, pitch.. Could be a good year to hold off in case there is a few bugs to workout.. Poo seams to have most bugs worked out..

WHAT!, Did Fredw actually have an intelligent post???

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a look at her boys.... if anyone has a good scale to weigh this thing let me know, we can get some true weights.

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 241

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I pick up my new winter tires from you I'll bring my digital scale ( not the bathroom scales!) lol

It will be in a hundred pieces by then lol.... I need one now...... I cant leave it like this for very long....

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your G4s don't show up there should be lots of sidewinders to buy. Pretty much the same weight as your T3s were.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is an article on Snowest magazine from unbiased riders..... Seems they have a different story than Maxwell and T-team...

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"During our tests when climbing in steep terrain, the Polaris seems to do a much better job keeping its track in the snow while the Ski-Doo tends to pick up the skis a little more … and lift the front of the track. This results in losing traction on the steep part of the mountain, thus losing some ability to climb to its full potential. [/FONT]The Polaris definitely outclimbed the Ski-Doo.[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] We’ll have to work a little on the Ski-Doo’s weight transfer to get more track in the snow."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]SO, now this amazing new skidoo will need a $2500 skid to keep up with the polaris?? LOL the skidoo loyal's are so funny.... all excited for 6.1 hp more than the 800. Those skidoo engineer's sure are amazing... they were able to achieve 6.1 hp. wow. truly amazing. maybe the polaris should have 50 more CC's.

Anyways, it will be an awesome year of sledding... I'm more interested in the how the sidewinder and kingcat perform. We will let the skidoo guys to drinking each others doolaid............
[/FONT]

In fairness to the doo many feel that trait snowest describes but it can be corrected by adjusting to riding style and weight of the person or just plain getting used to it. As far as the polaris it's not just a stretched 163 a lot of testing went into it to perform well. I am interested to see the new yamaha as well but just do not know personally many people who ordered them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill back peddle even harder, they planning on taking 60 lbs of the Yamaha , add 30 lbs for a turbo on the T3 to keep things fair. Bam,there the same weight.
Lots of easy weight to loose off the t3. Compare built to built or stock to stock, the t3 is way lighter.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In fairness to the doo many feel that trait snowest describes but it can be corrected by adjusting to riding style and weight of the person or just plain getting used to it. As far as the polaris it's not just a stretched 163 a lot of testing went into it to perform well. I am interested to see the new yamaha as well but just do not know personally many people who ordered them.

So polaris built a purpose built climbing sled.... but you have to be a better rider to get the skidoo to perform well?? Why is there always an excuse? So skidoo didn't do there homework in building a purpose built mountain sled? If you Look at the independent dyno results the doo is 170hp and the Poo is 159hp. According to Dynotech. So an 11hp disadvantage and can be ridden buy anyone and is still climbing better. Just saying its funny how the Skidoo guys jump on the marketing thats thrown at them. Here is a sled that only slightly better than the previous one, and they all go running.. makes me laugh.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill back peddle even harder, they planning on taking 60 lbs of the Yamaha , add 30 lbs for a turbo on the T3 to keep things fair. Bam,there the same weight.

Right so one gets weight added and the other goes on a diet and we're talking a fair comparison? I can make sedan weigh as much as a pickup truck doesn't mean it's a fair comparison.

Lots of easy weight to loose off the t3. Compare built to built or stock to stock, the t3 is way lighter.
This ^

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Has no one ever heard of adjusting a limiter strap. My t3 can be adjusted to keep
its skis in the snow all day or carry them to the point it loops out on the steep part of the hill.

Doo even has a quick adjust system for this! flip it with your boot toe!

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what ever you do to a 4stroke for weightloss ..can be done to a 2s..the 4s will always be heavier over the skis, nothing you can do about it, unless of course you want to twist reality

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So polaris built a purpose built climbing sled.... but you have to be a better rider to get the skidoo to perform well?? Why is there always an excuse? So skidoo didn't do there homework in building a purpose built mountain sled? If you Look at the independent dyno results the doo is 170hp and the Poo is 159hp. According to Dynotech. So an 11hp disadvantage and can be ridden buy anyone and is still climbing better. Just saying its funny how the Skidoo guys jump on the marketing thats thrown at them. Here is a sled that only slightly better than the previous one, and they all go running.. makes me laugh.

I did not say you had to be specifically a better rider but some people do have the perception that snowest has and many people have on a t3 even initially just some seat time and or suspension setup can take away this uncomfortable feeling. The g4 is new to even snowest evaluators.

Top Bottom