Axis new grooved piston

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does a polaris owner groove a piston if its not done at the factory?.

This pistons i have bought for my ski doos and polaris have already had the grooves and holes.

Just curious maybe i want to add more grooves

VanceM

I can't quite tell if this is a serious inquiry but I'm pretty sure the kind of grooves pipes is talking about are generally added unintentionally. haha

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could always try adding more oiling holes i guess

I do know the factory grooves wear off in certain areas probably the major thrust side.
VanceM

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it works whats the difference with a patch and a solution? Its like the collar on the drive shaft. Everyone complains that its just a patch, but there hasn't been any failures since it was introduced. So if it doesn't fail, whats makes it a patch and not a solution?.... Just a thought
I call bs on that I have personally changed multiple split axles for my customers that had the recall band on them 1 stock sled and 3 mod sleds

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post pics then, because as of now there are no pics of failed band-aid drive axles.

What they are everywhere?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425566017.558178.jpg

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What they are everywhere?

View attachment 184860
here we go again.............if you will never buy one you sure care a lot about them, why, can you answer that, he who knows all? Even post pics? You actually spend your time googling and posting about something you hate, you need to just buy one!! Jealousy shows it self in funny ways.
some break, as do ALL brands, give me a break.....hahaha
shall I go onto your precious French threads and start listing all the yellow problems and warranty issues? No, waste of my time and I would come across as a DB. My friends won't be reading them anyway too busy going backwards,with their sweet scratchers, to replace their sliders and rails.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here we go again.............if you will never buy one you sure care a lot about them, why, can you answer that, he who knows all? Even post pics? You actually spend your time googling and posting about something you hate, you need to just buy one!! Jealousy shows it self in funny ways.
some break, as do ALL brands, give me a break.....hahaha
shall I go onto your precious French threads and start listing all the yellow problems and warranty issues? No, waste of my time and I would come across as a DB. My friends won't be reading them anyway too busy going backwards,with their sweet scratchers, to replace their sliders and rails.

It was posted on facebook I didn't have to even look for it this morning. Actually a couple. If you want to go on a date just ask Jesus Christ that was a long winded post for nothing just posted a picture

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, your right, as always, you did nothing, geez just posted a picture. Yup classic, "what? Who me? I did nothing"

image.jpg
Pretty easy to look down and count your own fingers.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was posted on facebook I didn't have to even look for it this morning. Actually a couple. If you want to go on a date just ask Jesus Christ that was a long winded post for nothing just posted a picture

Anything else to add to the Polaris thread, muffin?

doo drive shaft.jpg

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I call bs on that I have personally changed multiple split axles for my customers that had the recall band on them 1 stock sled and 3 mod sleds

ok, you are right in the fact that I shouldn't have said there were no failures because that is simply an exaggeration. No matter how well a part is designed, somehow, somewhere someone will break it. With that being said I still don't thing it is a significant reoccurring problem. Considering the number of 2013-2015 pros on the hill, if it was a major problem I would think we would see alot more pictures like the one Maxwell posted. Maybe I've been living under a rock but that is the first picture I've seen of a spun driveshaft since the collars were introduced.

My personal experience... I've sheared the solid steel driveshaft on my old Rev right in half, but I've never had a problem with the driveshaft on my PRO.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The drive shafts on the t3 bend if you hit a drift to hard. They dropped it below the tunnel AND you wont get warranty for it.

VanceM

Top Bottom