www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
AVALANCHE AWARENESS DAYS
INFORMATION SESSION HOSTED BY
ROBSON VALLEY SEARCH AND RESCUE AND
CMH HELI SKI
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2010
AT THE GIGGLIN GRIZZLY (DOWNSTAIRS)
7:30 PM
They will have all sorts of avalanche information available as well as some door prizes. Everyone welcome.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 217

sledhunter

Reaction score
AVALANCHE AWARENESS DAYS
INFORMATION SESSION HOSTED BY
ROBSON VALLEY SEARCH AND RESCUE AND
CMH HELI SKI
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2010
AT THE GIGGLIN GRIZZLY (DOWNSTAIRS)
7:30 PM
They will have all sorts of avalanche information available as well as some door prizes. Everyone welcome.
Thanks to all that attended the Avalanche Awareness Days event in McBride. We are already working on plans for next year to make the event better and provide more information on mountain safety.
Dale Mason
SAR Manager
Robson Valley SAR

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there as part of the mcbride snowmobile club. I brought out onr of our clubs new beacon checker to let people see them. They are pretty cool. I also brought a bunch of the other BCA avy gear that we sell at the shop so people could check out the newest gear from BCA.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glengine whats a beacon checker? Is it to test how accurate our beacons are? or signal strength? got my curiosity!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glengine whats a beacon checker? Is it to test how accurate our beacons are? or signal strength? got my curiosity!

What they are is a unit that will sit at the trail head ticket collectors shack and when you pull up to get your trail pass it'll either light up a green led circle or the red X will stay lit up. What it does is test to let you know that your beacon is on and transmitting properly.

Top Bottom