Avalanche article in todays Sun

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re the CAC .....Like many on here I have seen the media twist things that ones says into something other then it's original intent. I have also seen them omit the parts of the whole statement and pick out bits and pieces so the meaning gets lost. I wasnt there but I have a hard time beliving the John Kelly's comments were of a negitive nature...

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is Jenna's response to my note to her.

Orrin,
Thanks for taking the time to write.
I'd like to clarify that just because the story said the avalanche occured during (definition: through the course or duration of) the Big Iron Shootout, it did not say it was caused by it.
As well, the quote that says fewer fatalities may be luck, is a quote and the opinion of the speaker. It is not necesaarily a fact. So if you have an issue with that, I would suggest speaking with the avalanche association.
Additionally, during this past season, I wrote a story that said the interest in avalanche preparedness courses was strong last year.
Again, thanks for writing.
Regards,
Jenna

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know Orrin....have you ever noticed a similarity between media writers and politicians? ....both are untouchable even when they've been caught with their hands in the Cookie Jar....surprised she even resonded! Wonder if her editor got a chance to read your note to her?

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know Orrin....have you ever noticed a similarity between media writers and politicians? ....both are untouchable even when they've been caught with their hands in the Cookie Jar....surprised she even resonded! Wonder if her editor got a chance to read your note to her?

They definatly are cut from the same cloth and work well together, actually I think they feed off of each other.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, she also replied to me with a similar statement, will post next week when I can get it off the email server.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rich boys of the world do not want you in their private grounds. Mountain Caribou or Avalanches, what ever it takes to keep us out. If Jimmy Pattison the billionaire owns a radio station, how much money does it take to own a TV station? And why do those rich bastertards need to own the media anyway? Now all they need to do is take away all our firearms so everybody can be really safe.

Top Bottom