av gas vs race fuel

Roy Munson

Reaction score
need a little info,if anyone could help, just wondering what the difference between av gas and race fuel is.i've heard alot of different things,all i know is that av gas is about half the price

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need a little info,if anyone could help, just wondering what the difference between av gas and race fuel is.i've heard alot of different things,all i know is that av gas is about half the price

100ll is low lead. Runs drier, i mix av 50/50 with 94 chevron and never had a problem. If your worried about the dryness add some 2 stroke oil to it.

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Av gas is very dry....... No additives so to speak..... Hard on valves bearing etc..... We used to use stp oil treatment in the av gas when we raced out at edmonton international raceway......

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have ran stright av gas 100ll in my sled for 2 winters stright.. the odd time ill just put premium in it..

100ll is low led gas. smells good, runs dry!.
c12 is a leaded lubed fuel..

depending on your aplication you are waisting your money on both.

c12 and 100ll take longer to burn of on a stock motor. there for can cause a 2stroke to melt down very fast. and on a 4 stroke cause high egts, and cause the exhaust to melt and or crack..

you will also rob power in a sock motor wiht too good of fuel.. if it doesnt need it dont run it..

my not be of issue. my buddy had an M8, with pipe and y-pipe. always ran prem. tryed the regular it says to run.. thing ran way better.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a little C12 will get that ZRT up the 2nd half of the ramp onto the deck:d

Top Bottom