ATV Deck question

bigdodge

Reaction score
Just wondering what the best bet would be for my half ton dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4, it has the firestone airbags and I want to haul my brute force 750 and either a mini quad or the boys power wheels on the deck and my travel trailer, I have looked at the diamond back and sled decks but what would be best? Its a short box.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yes you can...... legally no your tuck has a capacity of around 800-900 LBS quad about 650LBS deck 350ish LBS mini quad 200ish LBS tongue weight of trailer...depending of size of trailer 250-500 LBS. So as a you can see you would be way over with just the deck and the trailer.The air bags help stabilize the ride but does nothing for GVW. In Alberta usually no one bothers you in BC almost guarenteed to get busted.

I also run a dodge 1500 on airbags and with a grizzly in the back and 350LBS tongue weight on the trailer i'm a little over I did get pulled into a RV checkstop in BC and had to roll over the scale then get inspected and i did get away with it cause I was almost out of fuel but it don't think I could get away with it twice

Oh and welcome to Snow and Mud

FyreRyder

Reaction score
. I did get pulled into a RV checkstop in BC and had to roll over the scale then get inspected and i did get away with it cause I was almost out of fuel but it don't think I could get away with it twice

Murry, where did you get pulled over for an RV checkstop? I lived in BC for thirty years and never saw an RV checkstop.
Just want to know so I can avoid the area. Dodge meggacab 3500's have no legal payload capacity to speak of. Just one quad and a sled deck is almost enough to put you over 4500kg's.... let alone two quads, trailer, wife, three kids, two dogs, fuel and all the blasted DVD's you need to travel with kids now a days.

Top Bottom