ASA Jamboree - Sat Feb 3 - Day Ride

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All

Some people were not able to book for the full 3 day ASA Jamboree.

If you did not book for the full 3 days but would like to ride on Saturday February 3 day ride & Poker Rally. Then join us as follows:

We are setting up a meeting place and group ride for the ASA Jamboree - Saturday Feb 3/07 - Day Ride only.

I have been in contact with the Jamboree Hosts and set up the following.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday Feb 3/07 - Day Ride only

7:00am - Meet at the HUSKY GAS STATION beside Cycle Works West. on (Acheson Road & south of Hi-Way 16)

-----Look for the Tri-County enclosed trailer.

-----Fuel up if you need to – trail ride is up to 150km (can buy fuel on the trail from trucks @ $1.00/ltr or carry a jerry can on your sled).

7:30am – leave the Husky Gas Station and drive up Hi-Way 44 into Westlock.

8:30am – Registration is at the Westlock Memorial Hall in Westlock.
- (north hi-way 44 to hi-way 18 intersection at Westlock Inn, turn left (west), go west to lights at Sobey turn left, the hall is right there.

-----Bring your ASA Season Trail Pass or your season pass wallet card to verify your ASA Membership.

-----I will have season passes at $70.00 or ASA Day Passes at $15.00 so if you or a friend wants to come they can buy a Day Pass at registration desk.

-----Poker Hands for ASA members are $10.00 first hand and $5.00 for each extra hand

9:00am – Drive to the Long Island Lake trail system (good ½ hour)

9:45 am - Unload, organize split into two groups – 1 fast riders and 1 slower touring group.

-----Plan for a lunch meeting place so all Tri-County Snowmobile Club members can meet together.

12:30pm – Meet at a designated location for lunch

3:00pm - Load up / drive to Westlock

4:00pm – Turn in your poker hands back at the Westlock Memorial Hall in Westlock.
-------The time deadline is 4:00pm to turn in your poker hand.

Please no Booze or other items on this ride. It is a ZERO tolerance ASA ride.

With 200 - 300 sleds on the trails please watch your speed especially in blind corners (some one may be coming)

Trails are groomed

Must obey trail etiquette

–----stay to the right side of the trails

–----No excessive speed on the trails

–----Use hand signals

–----Do Not spin your track sending snow, dirt or rocks on the following sleds/riders

–----Be patient with other riders as this is a family ride day.

–----Do Not showoff, hotdog or ride reckless, there are too many people present on this ride for stunting.

Hope everyone can make it, should be a great time.

Weather is good at -12 http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/Pages/CAAB0331.htm

Please email or call me at 437-4706 so I know who to look for at the Husky or the Staging Area.

Brian Beebe
Tri-County Snowmobile Club
Secretary / Treasurer
780-437-4706

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Jamboree Ride

Well that was a great 120km ride at the Saturday ASA Jamboree in Westlock.:Snowmobile1:

Special Thanks from Tri-County Snowmobile Club to the Westlock "Pembina Drift Busters Snowmobile Club" for an excellent Jamboree AGAIN. I feel this is about the best location for a Jamboree, it is drivable from anywhere in Alberta with an excellent trail system (full ride was 150km). The hospitality was excellent. Well Done!:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

If you missed the ride you missed a good time on the trails with Poker Hands, warm-up shelters, hot lunch and drinks and lots of visiting. Best part was most of the trails were groomed perfect. :thumbsup2:

We saw 3 Tri-County Groups riding and with 500 sleds could not see everyone so we had a good TCSC club turn out.

Thanks to Big Red for being our guide, to the othes in our group that made the day special, Nick B; Rob D; Dale R; Ken & Tisha G; Pat; Ivan, Tracey, Alannah & Nicole L. Great group.

There are lots of pictures of the weekend but I will just add two favorites

Brian

P.S. Weather permitting we will be riding at the Spruce Grove Stony Plain Trail Seekers Poker Rally on Sunday February 11. Will start a new thread for that .

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
P.S. Weather permitting we will be riding at the Spruce Grove Stony Plain Trail Seekers Poker Rally on Sunday February 11. Will start a new thread for that .

Look Forward to seeing you guys out there. I'll be the checkpoint with the explorer sport trac at it. Come one come all.

Top Bottom