are tire sealants any good to use.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im a auto mechanic and work at a tire shop..... the can of puncture seal works in a pinch but the crap inside makes it so u can not buff a patch inside..... even with cleaner on the spot..... makes the rubber - glue - patch not stick.....

are you talking the stuff from crap tire/wally world that comes in a can and is supposed to inflate tire as well. or the green tire slime, was told the slime will not affect tire or rim as it washes off with water.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont use tireslime like said above it might patch the tire but its not repairable later on.

you cant buff the inside and make it stick to a 1 piece plug patch

at least if you use a cheap crappy plug that you light you can pull those fibers out later drill the hole out buff the inside and have a professional plug/patch 1 piece done on the tire later on.

I used to work in a tireshop as a teen and nothing pissed people off more than them hearing their 200$ tire cant be repaired because they shot that tireslime into it. and all they had was a nail puncture.
you must be referring to the fix-a-flat type of pressurized flat repair in a can, slime brand tire repair does not contain any harmful/corrosive (to rubber) chemicals, and is water soluble.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you must be referring to the fix-a-flat type of pressurized flat repair in a can, slime brand tire repair does not contain any harmful/corrosive (to rubber) chemicals, and is water soluble.
I use slime...it works great....... you can still use a plug with that stuff.......... have a tire plugged for almost 2 years with slime and two pluggs in it ...never needs air. none of my tires do since the slime was put in......unless you pop a bead.

Crow22

Reaction score
Plugs work great. Have used more than I wish to admit. Last year I used one to fix a hole in my tyrex rad. Put a small piece of plug in the hole & squeezed with a vice grip. Rode back to truck about 5 miles on cut lines, never leaked at all.

stealth500

Reaction score
highlifter tire sealent seals pointer finger size holes and bead leaks never hardens and does not corrode rims

Top Bottom