Winter Tires

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Looking for opinions for tires, my duratrac knock offs are completely toast. They're so out of round it shakes my truck apart. Need high load rating, studded, winter tires. 275/70r18

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions for tires, my duratrac knock offs are completely toast. They're so out of round it shakes my truck apart. Need high load rating, studded, winter tires. 275/70r18
Just get the studded Hakk's and be done with it! They are amazing.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last time i bought winter skins i couldn't get studded hakks and the kal tire guy said try the blizzak LT, i love them, everyone that rides with me are always amazed how well they do, 30000kms on them and ill get another 20k easy

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Goodyear Winter commands on my 1 ton and have been very happy with them, studded in that size from Foutain tire was $1600 installed but that was fall of 2020.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOVING the Firestone studded winter tires from Chrisco…
Not sure I would say that yet…
I put the studded Winterforce LT on my 1ton. They’re a little soft for my liking…

My choice would be the studded General Arctic LT. Had them on my last truck and they were great 👍🏻

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a stud able 37in tire 20in rim?

Hard to find winter tires in that size.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOVING the Firestone studded winter tires from Chrisco…
I have these also. It’s my first set of dedicated winters but no complaints! Second season on them. Their ice performance has been decent. Was pretty impressed with their performance on packed mash patato’s or loose snow pulling my big trailer in my yard or staging areas.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
402 a tire for 285 70 17 toyo MT ok tire wyte ave 10 ply

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
$1,969 and change for those tires. Ouch they're not even anything special. Nor a big tire.
Great tires though worth the money.

The other Toyo MT. Is a all season tire, harder rubber. Not at all comparable to the hakk winter tire. An all season or snowflake tire is for multiple seasons. If your throwing on a set of winter tires that you change in the spring then why not get a set of winter designated tires. Soft rubber, lots of sypes and studs. There not good to run in the summer but we're talking about winter tires. I used to be all season tires brainwashed then I went to the mountains a few times with SBR and summitric who ran winter designation tires and I'm 100% sold. No comparison.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great tires though worth the money.

The other Toyo MT. Is a all season tire, harder rubber. Not at all comparable to the hakk winter tire. An all season or snowflake tire is for multiple seasons. If your throwing on a set of winter tires that you change in the spring then why not get a set of winter designated tires. Soft rubber, lots of sypes and studs. There not good to run in the summer but we're talking about winter tires. I used to be all season tires brainwashed then I went to the mountains a few times with SBR and summitric who ran winter designation tires and I'm 100% sold. No comparison.
What's your opinion on studded vs nonstudded? Like you said, if you are going for a winter tire, might as well get a winter tire, so get studded too?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What's your opinion on studded vs nonstudded? Like you said, if you are going for a winter tire, might as well get a winter tire, so get studded too?
I have a duratrac knock off tire muteki trail hog that i had studded and its my first tire i had studded. they aren't even a dedicated winter tire and my goodness did it make a difference. Day i got them on i pulled an unloaded superbee tanker up an off ramp that he had spun out on. Car's were struggling to get going. That convinced me. I have two sets of rims and tires and it makes it easy to switch them over back and forth. Worth the investment.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put some general grabber atx sudded on my ranger. Seem pretty good so far.

Top Bottom