Winter Tires

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had several sets of Winterforce studded over the years...good value for the performance. Currently have the Winterforce LT studded on my personal (1/2 ton) truck. I think the Winterforce P tires are better than the LT....probably softer. I couldn't get P size for my 18" rims, so ended up with LT. (1/2 ton remember....can get away with P tires)

I had the old Nokian studded Haks on previous (1/2 ton) work truck (3 winters) and put Nokian studded Hak LT3s on my new (1/2 ton) work truck. I will say there is a difference....the Haks are better for sure. Not sure about almost double the price better, but better. My concern is ice mostly, not a bunch of deep snow trekking. I am all over from Manitoba to Vancouver year-round, so I see some crappy roads....I'll end up meeting Jamie Davis one of these days!

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran them last year. Thought they were good. You weren’t a fan?
Not really… they’re quiet and smooth down the highway, but thought they lacked the traction in icy conditions.
Pulling a trailer was brutal, they felt loose… weak sidewall..? This is on a 3500 cc diesel.

Had a set of general arctics before and they were fantastic. I see the latest generation of generals are a slightly different design… not sure if it’s an improvement? (2500 cc diesel)

My gf has Hankook i-pike studded tires on her Jeep, and they seem very good as well, but very noisy (could be just the Jeep..?)

Should also mention, my dad has a set of Blizzak’s on his 3500 cc diesel, and they seem decent, other than they look well worn for only a single season of use. He didn’t even drive it much last winter…

I’m not sure what the answer is. Always been a Michelin fan. Really like the AT2, but their M&S option is lack luster….

RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_9029.jpg

Giving these a try on my car this year.
Cooper winter evolution studded.

Top Bottom