April 8 in Elkford....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The snow sort of peters out going north as there is half as much snow at the staging area than at my house. 6" or 15 cm at the house when I left at 11:00 am. Up on top, another 12" or 30 cm but it was wet and you wouldn't like it. Visibility was the pits, hence not a lot of pictures. Puking all day up there. Easily 3"-4" on our tracks when we came back out!

Attachments

• April 08 2i.jpg
    April 08 2i.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 47
  • April 08 3i.jpg
    April 08 3i.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 39
  • April 08 4i.jpg
    April 08 4i.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 44
  • April 08 5i.jpg
    April 08 5i.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 48

Maclintock

Reaction score
Fernie, I heard it was epic up in the Ram Creek area past the Wig today?????
Guy told me 2 -3 feet??????? :eek:. If it is true could be sweet!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie, I heard it was epic up in the Ram Creek area past the Wig today?????
Guy told me 2 -3 feet??????? :eek:. If it is true could be sweet!

Everywhere the guys went on the weekend it was knee deep; from Elkford to the south of Fernie. I don't know about Fernie today but in Elkford we got another 12" up top. 6" at my house and only 2" at Round Prairie staging area; go figure that one out!

We were playing for 3 hours in the trees in the above pictures. Amazing snow for April as it is usually "hero" snow this time of the year.

Maclintock

Reaction score
snowed all day back in the rolling hills yesterday, Windy up on ridges , but cold , so the snow was soft. Up to 2 feet in the trees and meadows. Cornices are huge!!!!!!!!! When the sun hits LOOK OUT

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
snowed all day back in the rolling hills yesterday, Windy up on ridges , but cold , so the snow was soft. Up to 2 feet in the trees and meadows. Cornices are huge!!!!!!!!! When the sun hits LOOK OUT

The cornices have been building most of the winter; haven't seen any holes or evidence that they are moving yet. It won't be long and today will be epic with solar radiation as it is blue bird here today.

The weekend warriors can see what they are getting into this weekend so look around, be aware, and be careful out there! Get to the truck early and have a nice cold one....:beer:

Top Bottom