APP Alberta Pension Plan

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The board that manages the fund chaired by Dr. Heather Munroe-Blum. All the information is public. You have to read other sources than doo and mud :rolleyes:

If Smith thinks she can easily take 344 billion, over half of the fund without resistance from the rest of Canadians I think she is delusional.
You missed the point of why i asked that question....

Of course there will be resistance and i doubt she would get half that but how do you know if you dont try? Have the conversation? Without it we are in a death spiral, like we have been for some time. Its time to have the uneasy conversations and look outside the box they have built around us.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope wont effect me but i have enough insight to care about my neighbours and know that if any province was to make this change it is alberta. I am also wise enough to know that IF alberta went this route, sask would be looking very closely to see if it would benefit them also.

I think a fund is better with more people contributing. But you are entiled to an opinion. And your opinion is satan runs the fund. Lol

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a fund is better with more people contributing. But you are entiled to an opinion. And your opinion is satan runs the fund. Lol
You have to look at more than just the people contributing....who is recieving?

Satan and his minions run more than we can fathom, just takes time and effort to see it.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You missed the point of why i asked that question....

Of course there will be resistance and i doubt she would get half that but how do you know if you dont try? Have the conversation? Without it we are in a death spiral, like we have been for some time. Its time to have the uneasy conversations and look outside the box they have built around us.
Yes the fight with all the other provinces will be on Including yours, meanwhile I will be spending my CPP money on gas, oil and new turbo sleds. It is just discretionary funds after all:)

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, i welcome it. I could always move, only a 1/4 mile away.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know i wont be eligible to collect for another 25 years. Whats the age demographics of canada going to look like then? Is it going to be exactly the same? Probably not...

Last edited:

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think alberta will be able to pay for all of canada then, the entire cpp/country will be down the drain. Changes need to be made now or its all a waste.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am comfy AF, others still need to see it for themselves though. Together we have the power to change anything.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think alberta will be able to pay for all of canada then, the entire cpp/country will be down the drain. Changes need to be made now or its all a waste.
Ya, Alberta pays for everything....:rolleyes:

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, Alberta pays for everything....:rolleyes:
Well if you read the report and educated yourself instead of spouting off you would understand that alberta already pays for the majority of the cpp. Age and demographics of the rest of the country has been getting older and using more cpp funds, this is not new and a well known problem. In 25 yrs, it will be exponentially worse and the only province who makes enough to help pay for is alberta (this is already the case). Only problem is that in 25yrs even alberta wont be able to afford the cost.......

There is a reason i referred to it as equalization 2.0, thats exactly what it is and having the exact same outcome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230927_101722_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20230927_101722_Samsung Notes.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 59

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at QPP vs CPP. They have the same payout but QPP costs the employee, business, and sole proprietor more each month, seems like a losing proposition. Of course maybe Alberta would manage its pension fund better than its Heritage Fund :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats not really an apple to apples comparison imo but is some good reference data to use.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freeland said she was looking into ways of unlocking Canadians savings. What savings do you think she was referring to?
My bet is that borrowed agaisnt our ccp to fund there endless spending. Then big bad putin started a war and now they have to fund that aswell. So between the endless spending, and funding a war you can bet they dipped into the ccp. Probably eating it right up. Meanwhile also causing all the hyper inflation. Making our savings worth less and less everyday. There goal is to attack our generational wealth.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you read the report and educated yourself instead of spouting off you would understand that alberta already pays for the majority of the cpp. Age and demographics of the rest of the country has been getting older and using more cpp funds, this is not new and a well known problem. In 25 yrs, it will be exponentially worse and the only province who makes enough to help pay for is alberta (this is already the case). Only problem is that in 25yrs even alberta wont be able to afford the cost.......

There is a reason i referred to it as equalization 2.0, thats exactly what it is and having the exact same outcome.
Because you try and simplify it. I lived and worked in Alberta for a nearly a decade and would have paid into an Alberta CPP fund if there was one. Now that I have moved to another province and paid into that plan for a decade and plan to retire at some point on the ocean, who pays my CPP? Fyi, this happens a lot. People work where the higher paying jobs are and then move to a better place to retire. I lived and worked in 4 different provinces. How does that get tracked properly if each province has there own?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because you try and simplify it. I lived and worked in Alberta for a nearly a decade and would have paid into an Alberta CPP fund if there was one. Now that I have moved to another province and paid into that plan for a decade and plan to retire at some point on the ocean, who pays my CPP? Fyi, this happens a lot. People work where the higher paying jobs are and then move to a better place to retire. I lived and worked in 4 different provinces. How does that get tracked properly if each province has there own?
And you are asking questions which effect the minority of albertans not the majority. There is an answer to your questions but they have to be asked to the correct people. Maybe we should ask someone from quebec how they do this?

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Don't disagree with what you are saying; but some of us will never leave Alberia. If heaven ever existed I say it's here

Top Bottom