Apex OEM belts

j garman

Reaction score
On some other sites they talked about the OEM belts being to hard & slipping causing friction, which causes heat , which inturn causes cracks in the secondary drive & thats never a good thing. Just getting to know the fun things about my 08 Apex MTX . Can I ask if anyone is using Dayco belts on their 07/ 08 apex mtx, looking for some feed back as to set up & results, also would like to put A 3 1/2" riser on to, can it be done with stock cables.

Last edited:

Mike Anderson

Reaction score
I have the Dayco XS belt in stock for 140$, alot more belt than stock. We use it on super charged and havent heard anything bad about it. We put on a 10" riser (about 3 more than stock) and needed thr cable ext, re-routed stock brk line, moved park brk to rhs. Call Centerpoint at 985-2747.

j garman

Reaction score
Thanks Mike! Is that the ultimax 2 belt #138-4432-u3, when I checked into this Belt I was told that this part # now is called the ultimax 3 part #s the same but are they the same belt? I was told that the 3 was stiffer than the 2with the cost of belts I would like to get the right one the first time. but I can consider myself lucky I didn't buy A skidoo,cost of weight reduction (priceless) as long as the manufacturer is paying for belts under warrenty? They are, arn't they?

Top Bottom