anyone running a 2015 doo cap on there oil tank?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the issue with the polaris cap is its on the belt side now. Couple roll overs, belt dust and oil and that ball doesn't roll around so well.

The flowrate isnt the issue. They did flowtests and the doo cap and polaris cap will empty the tank in 2 hours just with gravity. Issue is the polaris cap can stop flow, sometimes creating an air bubble in the oil line which could cause a air lock and burn down. Doo cap is cheap, the duck bill valve is easy to clean and inspect also warrenty friendly with no holes drilled in your tank and its an easy switch to the polaris cap when you drop it off, it its even worth worrying about.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we need more snow.......
Too much garage time for some?

I wish, mine just sits in the back yard. Have my grampas scooter in the garage beside my vtx 1300 then theres a bunch of misc vehicle parts and tools and firewood.....no room for my new baby :(

TimG

Reaction score
Yes. $16. A bunch of guys reported higher oil consumption with it; some had to turn their pumps down. There are enough horror stories about the tank getting sucked in from a vacuum, bubbles in the oil line, a hiss when opening the cap, etc. to convince me. Look at the flow tests that guys did as well. I tried to suck air through the bottom of the cap on mine; couldn't. That can't be good.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just be sure you are getting a vented cap from doo. Some of the old non-vented doo caps are being sold under the same part number.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the part number of the vented cap? Or even what model of 2015 doo comes with the vented cap?

stomper

Reaction score
Ran a BRP cap for the last 3 day on a 15 Pro. Buddy has a 2013 pro. We ran almost the same mileage each day. Both used about the same amount of oil. He ran the stock Poo cap. Who knows if it makes a difference. Good thing it was under 20 bucks!

jpicks

Reaction score
Ran the last 3 days with the Doo cap on my '12 SBA. 300km and everything ran just fine, and didn't leak a drop. However, I think the whole Polaris cap thing has been completely blown out of proportion by a few people trying to sell their own caps. I understand that the stock cap doesn't vent when the sled is upright, but this is ONLY when the sled is stationary. Even with the cap set at 20 degrees off level, any small bit of rocking around on even a glass smooth trail will roll the ball bearing around enough to vent the tank. I wouldn't be concerned with sticking with the stock cap. Even if you let your sled sit for 5 mins to warm up, but amount of oil used in that time won't create hardly any amount of vaccuum, and as soon as you move your sled the cap will start venting.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What??????

The Polaris cap that no known engine failures have been proven to be related to the cap might not be a bad cap after all? And all these bench flow tests showing aftermarket and Doo caps flowing more from gravity but none showing how any of it affects the actual oil through the pump are possibly blown out of proportion on the Internet? But it's on the Internet, the caps must be faulty!

And bubbles in the oil line? All of my sleds have had a bubble once in awhile, Doo as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom