Anyone rent Go-Pro Cameras?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that's looking to rent a go-pro camera for a trip to Mexico. They plan on snorkeling with their kids and wanted to get some video.
He's looked at buying a waterproof case for his camcorder and camera and decided that $400 was too much and buying another camera for a one time use wasn't a good idea.

thx

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you'd be dissappointed in bringing a GoPro and not using it as a helmet cam. Theres no Zoom on it and the view finder is cumbersome to look through. It works awesome as a helmet cam, but thats pretty much it. There is also VERY crappy audio with the case on.

You'd be better off renting someones waterproof point and shoot camera.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Ya just picked up a cheap Fuji for the kid at London Drugs, regular camera and HD video, waterproof and not too expensive. They pics and vid have been real good so far!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Longhorn just woundering if you had put any acc on your sled yet and what it looks like with it on. Thanks

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a former FutureShop employee, they actually sell a 149 dollar Fujifilm camera. If I remember correctly, it's a 12MP camera with 4 times optical zoom, and is water proof up to 10 feet and shock proof for 3.3.

Panasonic makes one as well thats shock proof up to 6.6, waterproof to 33feet and has 4.7X optical zoom and 14MP. The low down of that one was it was 300 some bucks!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new never used Go-Pro with SD card/ lithium bateries and all the mounts from the suction cup one to the helmet ones....... for $130 if interested.........

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hey Longhorn just woundering if you had put any acc on your sled yet and what it looks like with it on. Thanks

Just messed around with it so far...hated the white, made most of it go away LOL

Bought a 2010 copper X seat from another member here, just need to get it and then Im done for a bit (I hope)

Attachments

• Sled2.jpg
    Sled2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 60

Launch Helmet Cams

Reaction score
I have a friend that's looking to rent a go-pro camera for a trip to Mexico. They plan on snorkeling with their kids and wanted to get some video.
He's looked at buying a waterproof case for his camcorder and camera and decided that $400 was too much and buying another camera for a one time use wasn't a good idea.

thx

We rent the GoPro HD cameras and can ship one out to your friend wherever they are.

You might also want to consider renting/purchasing the Contour HD 1080p with waterproof housing, you will get much better results underwater thanks to the flat lens cover on the Contour Waterproof housing - check out this comparison we did to see what I mean:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m7T0An6meY[/YT]

Top Bottom