Anyone know????

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Yes I thought of that too...But as it is on a sway bar with omni-directional clevis ends(metric). I didn't want to risk heating them up and losing all the factory lube. I am just trying to make quick release pins for my aftermarket sway bar(china)aka.Highlifter)that I can remove for rock climbing(rockymountains)or for trail riding (fast) with my buddies or (slow) with my wife.

Ya, 10mm bolt is your best and easiest fix...even with a nut...

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, 10mm bolt is your best and easiest fix...even with a nut...
Yep.. I guess so. I have already bought them from bolt supply because for some strange reason I thought this might be a problem. Our country is so confused......Come out of the closet Canada(metric/gay) or live your life in the mainstream(SAE/hetero) or allow a marriage between a metric and an SAE. JUST make up your frickin MIND

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why don't you just drill out the clevis and retap it to a standard and if you loose it again you wont have this trouble again

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why don't you just drill out the clevis and retap it to a standard and if you loose it again you wont have this trouble again

Clevis are not tapped they are smooth to accept a smooth pin (tight fit)

racerfromhell

Reaction score
I have 3 in my tool box :rolleyes: But if you go to a tractor dealership, where they sell jap tractors (kobota for example) the pins for the brake foot petals should be the same size. They use clevis pins in this type of area. We have them at our AG dealership parts dept (combine part number, not bulk) in Manitoba

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 3 in my tool box :rolleyes: But if you go to a tractor dealership, where they sell jap tractors (kobota for example) the pins for the brake foot petals should be the same size. They use clevis pins in this type of area. We have them at our AG dealership parts dept (combine part number, not bulk) in Manitoba
Awesome idea,Thanks

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep....but when you only need 4 they just laugh at you....my point being that CANADA is a metric country, So why is it so hard to find a metric clevis pin!!Why are doors and windows still measured in FT./IN Why is plywood sold as 4' x 8' when it is not. Sorry...fourth beeer and pissed that I spent 11 years learning the imperial system only to have it change to metric in grade 12. Now I am just a maladjusted redneck with no F____ing clue what to buy..............SAE, METRIC. Are beer bottles metric or SAE??????

Yeah I still haven't figured out why they haven't changed all the roads to measure out in KM instead of miles. LOL

Top Bottom