Anyone have opinion on living in Drumheller?

HeavyD111

Reaction score
Chance I might have a shot at Drumheller job..only been there 3 times, and did the usual Tyrell stop, eat and leave. Anyone know what its like to live there?

Thanks!

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
neat country around there..fella could spend alota time explorein around there...regina in the winter is no fun...roads bite and way to many queens cowboys kickin about

Crude

Reaction score
I live 1/2 hour north west of Drumheller. Think I wouldent mind living there. It's got character.
Ive only lived in 3 Hills for 3 years, and don't know the area that great, but people say there is a lot of substance abusers there.
There is a great rec. centre there with a pool and gym. etc.
there is a great little beginner kayaking river that goes through Whane, that we go on in the spring and summer.
Nice little old theatre, that we go to, don't even have to take a second mortgage out to get popcorn. lol
not bad dirt biking if you don't mind, riding in a grey area.
Good motorcross track
close to Calgary and the mountains.
Some oil activity in the area
lots of the big box stores.
Old mining town, supposedly a rougher group of people live there.

Think thats at about all I can think of.

HeavyD111

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Crude. I have heard its a little rougher as well, and with a Pen there it wouldnt surprise me. I would work 12s and could commute from a bit outside too, so if it works out could always look at Three hills where you are, or???

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live 1/2 hour north west of Drumheller. Think I wouldent mind living there. It's got character.
Ive only lived in 3 Hills for 3 years, and don't know the area that great, but people say there is a lot of substance abusers there.
There is a great rec. centre there with a pool and gym. etc.
there is a great little beginner kayaking river that goes through Whane, that we go on in the spring and summer.
Nice little old theatre, that we go to, don't even have to take a second mortgage out to get popcorn. lol
not bad dirt biking if you don't mind, riding in a grey area.
Good motorcross track
close to Calgary and the mountains.
Some oil activity in the area
lots of the big box stores.
Old mining town, supposedly a rougher group of people live there.

Think thats at about all I can think of.
Is the dairy king still open there, had some good memories of main st three hills shenanigans
Chance I might have a shot at Drumheller job..only been there 3 times, and did the usual Tyrell stop, eat and leave. Anyone know what its like to live there?

Thanks!
The nick name for drumheller is drunkinheller just a FYI

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like visiting drum nice country, but don't know if I could live there. A operator from our plant moved back there to work at the pen.

Rattlesnakes are common there. Something else to get used to I spose, doesn't stop me from hiking the canyons. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like visiting drum nice country, but don't know if I could live there. A operator from our plant moved back there to work at the pen.

Rattlesnakes are common there. Something else to get used to I spose, doesn't stop me from hiking the canyons. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lol....don't forget scorpions and black widow spiders

HeavyD111

Reaction score
This poisition is for operator at the Pen..cant find anyone as guys leave for double the money elsehwere. Cant blame them, but our situation is bit different as im looking for quality of life.

I hate spiders..anything with more than 2 eyes and four legs has to go!

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
because it's in a valley cold as hell in winter and hot as hell in summer if you like to live where there is no wind drum is for you

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mind Drum. Better than Brooks lol

IMG_0049.jpg

The only thing that would make Drumheller better than Brooks, is if they dammed up the river downstream of it and flooded the town. Also the only thing that could make Drumheller clean.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome dirt biking there! But yeah,,, its nice to leave at the end of the day......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd be scared of Dinosaurs breaking into my house while I was sleeping and eating me alive.

Top Bottom