Anyone have a 5th wheel toyhauler? NEED OPINIONS

CASSANOVA

Reaction score
Hey, we are looking at buying a newer fifth wheel toy hauler (a fuzion in particular) since out family is growing and I am just wondering about the durability of them since we only bush camp and are usually driving off road with our trailer we have now. They are a big chunk of change and is rather not go into Brule ect to find out the walls have cracked.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a good question Im in the same situation and not sure which fifth wheel toy hauler is best! I have a 28 ft travel trailer toy hauler but am now looking for something bigger! Hopefully some guys will chime in!

cobraclone

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Keystone Raptor 3812. Fantastic trailer, I find its very well built. I mostly bush camp with it and it serves the purpose very well. I've had mine in Brule, so I know what your talking about. Have a good look at the little details of a trailer, often this gives a hint as to the quality and durability of a unit. My first one was a Wolfpack and what a piece of garbage, electrical problems from the start and even the smallest amount of gravel and the whole thing was full of dust!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a Cyclone and bush camp. It works very well.

Hard wall and rubber roof are good

Fantastic fans move lots of air and cool the trailer.

Built in generator works good but burns a bit of gas.

I don't use my built in generator. I run a Honda 2000 ei. It runs 24/7 running the fans, ice maker, coffee pot and margarita machine.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy at work runs this pin box. Takes all the bounce out and jerking.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438911116.758825.jpg

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2008 forest river xlr 41 ft with the trail air ride right on the front of it
Used to drag it all over the back roads and nothing ever bounced
Good solid unit
To bad wife wants to sell it now :;

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run a 43' tri-axle.. Vengeance by Forest River, not the most expensive uint but it's been super durable. We camp, Mclean, Rig Street, Golden - Kinbasket area and we've had it as far East as Lake of the woods.. Air bags on my truck and it rides super smooth.. The less water and fuel you have on board the easier it pulls - less weight and no fluid transfer. As above, solid walls and rubber roof. Have seen some super fancy units with big mouldings and such on the roof, i'd stay clear of those, seen a couple peeled off..

Mine rides so smooth i've driven with the rzr without strapping it down and it doesn't hardly move.

Toyhauler is the best toy we have..

Top Bottom