Anyone got a new o8 dodge

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dealer called me and has a special deal on the new o8 dodges im after a 3500 dsl full load , does any one have one and have you had any problems with the new motor , I ve being driving these since 95 and had good luck till i got my 04 which left me on the road twice , but now i gott 300000 kms on it and its time for something new,
any input would be great
Thanks

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Have not heard much on the 08 Dodge yet. What was the problems ya had with the 04 ?? Lift pump ??

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes twice then i had them put the 05 liftpump set up in it and i have being good since then over 200000 kms without any issues ,

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes twice then i had them put the 05 liftpump set up in it and i have being good since then over 200000 kms without any issues ,

Yeah, all the 04's had problems with the "under the hood" lift pump. The problem was rectified when they put the pump back into the tank (the 05 model version).

tekim:D

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
we just used on to pull a 28 foot trailer full of sleds and gear to McBride and The new engine break feature is a real nice option, the power seemed alot stronger than my 07 dually dodge. The truck was a demo so we had to return it on Monday, Ask "thebigm" on here, he owns the Whitecourt Eagle River Dealership and is a standup guy

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya dont buy one. My boss has the 07 6.7l cummins and in 35000km he had to put 2 particulate filters in. Also they are not cheap and not covered under warranty. If you buy one, get a pro-heat or wabasto heater. Reason for this is cause you can not let the new 6.7L cummins idle at all or it will plug up that filter. Stupid setup. If i were you, id look for a 07 5.9 and then you wont have many problems at all. What other problems did you have with your truck. I have 133,XXXkm on my 03 and only 1 lift pump for problems so far. But i have buddys with a 05 that had 13 lift pumps(in tank) before his warranty ran up.Just luck of the draw i guess.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05 Dodge Cummins, with a couple of odds and ends added on, just a touch over 500hp, towing 7000 - 9000 lbs all over alberta and BC, never had a problem........ well there is one problem, when ever I press the accelerator, it leaves these long black marks on the road. I guess I can live with it.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 1/2, with the 6.7 and the 6 speed auto. It's awesome, the motor is strong and the engine brake is really nice with a trailer on behind. The 6 speed is also very nice, a BIG upgrade over the 4 speed. The particulate filter is not a problem anymore, they have that fixed and I just got the notice in the mail to take mine in to be upgraded. New flash for the computer and something else. I have 21000 kliks on mine and no trouble at all. I haven't let mine idle at all yet because of the particulate filter problem but I guess there's no problem with them after you get the recall done. The new ones are fine.

Top Bottom