Any trouble refilling propane sleds at gas stations?

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently picked up an 11' TM8 on propane. I'll be riding Sicamous area next week. I was wondering are the gas stations giving you any grief on filling these sleds up? Obviously the tanks are inspected/certifed/stamped. Is there anything I should be telling these guys about filling them?

I've got a 100lb bottle I will be mounting under a sled deck in the future with a heated blanket to aid in fuelling.

Thanks.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't think there should be a problem if the date is good on the bottle?

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping so. I'm sure they get enough sleds through there in a winter...lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem might be finding a place to fill them. Most places now just have the exchange cylinders now. And how does a m8 have propane? Does it burn both fuels? Just wondering how that works.

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as they can fill an auto you will be good to go! The M8 has a propane carb on it and it burns pure propane. They are a sweet setup. Enjoy the trip!

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on, thanks guys. I'll actually be staying in Salmon Arm, so even better services there.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
I had a propane sled....no issues filling it at any auto fill station. Revy was the worst......the SuperSave usually is out....so you have to rely on the Rental center but they close at 5pm.
I had a 200 litre bottle as well........so a good idea for the days you need to transfer.
Safe sleddin
RS

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a propane sled....no issues filling it at any auto fill station. Revy was the worst......the SuperSave usually is out....so you have to rely on the Rental center but they close at 5pm.
I had a 200 litre bottle as well........so a good idea for the days you need to transfer.
Safe sleddin
RS
Awesome info, thanks!

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good question. I am pretty sure that a highway vehicle needs a propane certificate on the windshield. Some pump jockies might be anal and not fill it due to no sticker.

reg28

Reaction score
I've never had problems filling my propane sled. I always get them to unlock the pump and then just do it myself. As Randy said above in the thread Revy is the most difficult place. Golden has it too.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good question. I am pretty sure that a highway vehicle needs a propane certificate on the windshield. Some pump jockies might be anal and not fill it due to no sticker.

Did someone say anal? haha

Top Bottom