Any one find good snow in the pass this week?

Elk Hunter

Reaction score
Going out tomorrow and wonderin if anyone has any tips on deep snow in the crowsnest pass.:confused:

Last edited:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to Fernie this past weekend and found some good snow in the rolling hills. There's some good snow along the pipeline if you get out and explore as well.

sent from a phone

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on what you classify as good snow? We did the Corbin/Flathead/Harvey/McClachey Pass loop yesterday and poked into all the play areas and found nothing as far as "good" snow IMO. Great base...just need some fresh!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on what you classify as good snow? We did the Corbin/Flathead/Harvey/McClachey Pass loop yesterday and poked into all the play areas and found nothing as far as "good" snow IMO. Great base...just need some fresh!!

That is true but the Flathead has the least snow in the area. North of MacLatchie it gets better. The Rolling Hills has deeper more consistent snow and as underdog said, "found some good snow." I was in there on Thursday and Friday and there was lots of untracked in the trees. We had a great time.

I will agree some fresh would be nice.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is true but the Flathead has the least snow in the area. North of MacLatchie it gets better. The Rolling Hills has deeper more consistent snow and as underdog said, "found some good snow." I was in there on Thursday and Friday and there was lots of untracked in the trees. We had a great time.

I will agree some fresh would be nice.

We found lots of untracked too, but I personally wouldn't classify it as good snow...but that is just my opinion:D I really wish the Flathead did get better snow, as there is lots of good places to ride down there. Lots of good terrain all the way south to the border...it just usually lacks snow...
I was with some friends yesterday that hadn't saw much of that area...so I took them on a on tour:thumbsup2:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We found lots of untracked too, but I personally wouldn't classify it as good snow...but that is just my opinion:D I really wish the Flathead did get better snow, as there is lots of good places to ride down there. Lots of good terrain all the way south to the border...it just usually lacks snow...
I was with some friends yesterday that hadn't saw much of that area...so I took them on a on tour:thumbsup2:

I know what you mean but when the hills are a little steeper and the trees are tighter and it is a challenge to get to the top IMHO the snow is pretty good. When you step off and sink to your crotch and you're not touching the ground it isn't that bad.

I definitely agree about the Flathead; great terrain little snow. I have a friend who traps down there and he is still running quads....go figure that one!

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was some great snow up secret creek,but the ice was thin on notelly lake and overyonder Mtn was wind blown!! Ferniesnow you know were i mean?!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There was some great snow up secret creek,but the ice was thin on notelly lake and overyonder Mtn was wind blown!! Ferniesnow you know were i mean?!!

overyonder mountain is like that and I don't know why the notelly lake ice is like that this year. That is unusual. Secret creek is sweet but the trail in has been a secret and always will be with this dude. hahaha

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean but when the hills are a little steeper and the trees are tighter and it is a challenge to get to the top IMHO the snow is pretty good. When you step off and sink to your crotch and you're not touching the ground it isn't that bad.

I definitely agree about the Flathead; great terrain little snow. I have a friend who traps down there and he is still running quads....go figure that one!

Haha...that's the riding I like too:d Unfortunately where we were the trees were tight and the hills were steep, but when I stepped off I would only sink up to my ankles without touching the ground...that takes the fun out of it:D Maybe I need to come for a ride with you FS...you always seem to know where the good stuff is:thumbsup2:

I used to always know too, but this living to the east kinda makes you lose touch...

Last edited:

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
Going out tomorrow and wonderin if anyone has any tips on deep snow in the crowsnest pass.:confused:

Curious how a question about Crowsnest Pass is answered by folks who are commenting on "other" areas. :d

At the moment, it is really black on the north side of Crowsnest Pass, with some snow predicted for Tuesday in the area. I was out on north-side on Saturday and lots of play areas have some decent snow; the further north you go the better the snow gets and the less used-up it is. By tomorrow there should be a fresh blanket of snow and I would imagine you should be able to enjoy yourself even better than we did on the weekend. The snow should continue throughout the week and anyone headed to the Crowsnest Pass should have a great time sledding.

There is a reason why sledders continue to vote the Crowsnest Pass top honors as best place to ride in Alberta and up near the top of destinations in the West!

Rider

Crowsnest Pass, AB trail map | SnoRiders

Last edited:

Elk Hunter

Reaction score
We went up the atlas about a week ago now and it was great. We got a good dump and we were in snow easily waist deep. Today and last night the sky has been puking snow like crazy. If it would just warm up it would be great. todays temp -31 so the truck tells me. Hyw 3 is closed from the pass to sparwood.

Last edited:

Elk Hunter

Reaction score
I wish i could but have to work. Wanting to go out sleddin tomorrow but thats going to depend on the temp out there. Good luck in the derby. Hope it warms up for everyone.

Top Bottom