any how to guides on changing a track on a 05 m7

woodym7

Reaction score
just looking for some help have a good idea of what to do but hopiong there were some pics possibly and some tips n tricks...?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull the diamond drive,and dont forget the long bolt from the brake rotor side
remove the lock nut on the brake rotor,undo the brake rotor half and remove
rotor,then remove the 5 nuts holding the bearing assemblt holding the track shaft,and drop your rrear suspention,6 beer job about 1.5 hr by yourself:beer:

woodym7

Reaction score
Any my buddies ask why i switched from snowest to hear...you guys rock......so i assume no special tools required?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just for the locking nut on the rotor i used a punch and swinging press aka the hammer

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any my buddies ask why i switched from snowest to hear...you guys rock......so i assume no special tools required?

A long extension thats about it and i do belive the diamond drive has those hex keys so be careful not to strip them. I switched my track last year and took me about 2 hours and a case of beer.

Its also a good idea to take your cover off of your diamond drive while its out and inspect everything.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't need the long extension on the '05, they had the long bolt. Be prepared...it'll go bang when that bolt breaks loose and you'll chit yourself!

Top Bottom