Am I getting old? Loud exhaust

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go with the TSS can it has no packing at all...... Straight pipe! :beer:
This is what I have. I love a loud mean sounding sled though. Had a 900 cat that would deafin anybody within 50'! Riding down the trail at night you could see flames shooting out when you leaned hard into a right corner! I loved that

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ride with the stocker now.......i would keep it but now i have no room for a cooker anywhere so i am forced to go with a thing cooker can.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brotherinlaw has an MBRP can on his 98 Indy 600 and that thing is crazy loud, he thinks it's sweet and this guy just turned 50, I'm 41. Myself, I think it's too damn loud and hate riding with that him unless we are aways apart. Now if we are talking quads, his is quiet and my PoPo brings the pain :)

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loud is nice for when your lookin for a bud who is stuck or hurt...but that's about it. I couldn't imagine riding something with a Jaws can, or even MBRP. Im not even 30 and I find it a bit much.

I get a lot of sled traffic around my place, and my god, is it ever irritating when guys, kids, whatever, open it up next to peoples homes. Ugh. If I fire up mine and hit a trail near my place, I'll putt till I'm out of earshot. Even then, the SLP isn't too loud, but it's just raspy enough at WOT.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't stand noise!! I work around rotating equipment all day, some buildings I need double hearing protection!! Ear plugs even mowing the lawn!! I do like having a lighter can, but not the noise. If Brp made a lightweight can that sounded stock I'd be running it!

Sent from my iPad using

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't stand noise!! I work around rotating equipment all day, some buildings I need double hearing protection!! Ear plugs even mowing the lawn!! I do like having a lighter can, but not the noise. If Brp made a lightweight can that sounded stock I'd be running it!

Sent from my iPad using

Look into custom molded ear plugs. I have some from Costco that I use often for the shooting I do, and they work great for construction sites, loud work environments, lawn mowers, etc.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into custom molded ear plugs. I have some from Costco that I use often for the shooting I do, and they work great for construction sites, loud work environments, lawn mowers, etc.

Right on! I do have those, but I never liked the feel of them in my ear. The disposable neon green foam plugs are the ones I use under my earmuffs.

Sent from my iPad using

Top Bottom