ALead on KLIM Gear

Oilers Rule

Reaction score
:nono:Thanks to some valuable help from you members I saved approx. $425 on a Klim Jacket and pants over Ebay and US Shopping. Went to DC in McGrath...shook my HEAD at their pricing and the rest is history.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to support local canadian buisness, but just can't justify the price difference.

throttle-up

Reaction score
Website
www.leekseeker.com
I sell KLIM and we are hoping that the pricing will get better here in Canada for next season with the dollar being better this time around.

I know that doesn't do much for right now but when we, the dealers bought our inventory from KLIM in March 07, we paid the difference on the dollar, (around 80 cents or so) and then by Sept - Oct the dollar was near / at par -no one got any discounts!

The other reason KLIM is more in Canada is because the Canadian Government charges more on tarrifs for goods coming into Canada. That gets passed on down the line. I hope this clarify's things. No matter how you slice it, KLIM is still a great product and will last you a very long time and we the dealers hope to be here to look after our customers with any concerns and warranty issues that MAY arise.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
does Klim gear normally fit smaller then "normal" sized jackets and such?

Oilers Rule

Reaction score
Yes- It does some what. But I found with having to layer vs wearing bulk to stay warm...it quality stuff.

Expensive anyway you look at it...but I cant see myself buying another Jacket or pants for the rest of my DOO Career..Lol

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well i wanted a klim jacket for x mas but instead i got a coldwave jacket witch i cant complain with...its plenty warm and water proof from me

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sell KLIM and we are hoping that the pricing will get better here in Canada for next season with the dollar being better this time around.

I know that doesn't do much for right now but when we, the dealers bought our inventory from KLIM in March 07, we paid the difference on the dollar, (around 80 cents or so) and then by Sept - Oct the dollar was near / at par -no one got any discounts!

The other reason KLIM is more in Canada is because the Canadian Government charges more on tarrifs for goods coming into Canada. That gets passed on down the line. I hope this clarify's things. No matter how you slice it, KLIM is still a great product and will last you a very long time and we the dealers hope to be here to look after our customers with any concerns and warranty issues that MAY arise.

What sort of tariffs? If Klim is produced in the US there should be GST only shouldn't there?

Top Bottom