Alberta Plates

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I'M REALLY JUST WORRIED ABOUT THE VANITY PLATES.... WE HAVE 3 OF THEM ON OUR VEHICLES.... WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THEM???? MAYBE THEY'LL CARRY THEM OVER???:confused:

Hope ya can keep yours 'SR' !....... I like it. It would be ashame to have to remove it :D ;) :D

Attachments

• Sled show 2007 007.jpg
    Sled show 2007 007.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 107

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Voted no and I also think that it's kind of stupid that they seem so concerned about having one of the oldest designs in North America. Are the other provinces and states snickering when I drive by? People point at me but I didn't think it was cause of my license plate. I thought it was my hair. Crap, now I have to go see my shrink - I've got a new paranoid delusion that I obviously need to talk about right away. :)

GRD

Reaction score
Hope ya can keep yours 'SR' !....... I like it. It would be ashame to have to remove it :D ;) :D

That is a nice front plate... Where did you find that Ric? Steel it off Bunny man's truck?

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Saskakatchewan has Older plates than Alberta:confused: It does'nt matter to me which way they go with the plates I have to get a new plate for the truck since I have beaten the crap out of it trying to line up the sled trailer hitch with the ball:D

Billy Boy:cool:

sled

Reaction score
I also vote no to the new plates if they are going to make us replace the ones we already have.But if its for only new plates because they are running out of number and letter combos then I geuss its ok for new plates.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I voted no. The following is in the Sherwood Park News and my brother is the editor and wrote this:

Tuesday November 27, 2007
When the province decides what our new license plates will ultimately look like, they will also be deciding whether or not to revive the front license plate.
There are two sides to this issue. One side thinks we shouldn’t be paying for another hunk of metal that will only make our cars uglier while allowing for easier enforcement of traffic laws. The other side sees the front plates as something that could reduce crime and make the streets safer.
It’s true. The front plates will force drivers to be more accountable and they need to be as accountable as possible. Having a front plate means the chances are doubled of a person catching the plate number so that they can report it to police.

You may not like that idea if you are speeding or driving recklessly, but you’ll love it if your house is being broken into and you only see the front of the getaway car.
There are many incidents – hit and runs, break and enters, robberies and more – where the victims or witnesses weren’t able to identify the plate number of a vehicle. You have to wonder how many times they would have been able to if front plate were mandatory.
Nobody wants to see you take a massive drill to the front bumper of your new SUV just for the sake of making it look ugly. But people have to realize that cars and more than just trophies. They are methods of transportation but they can be used in very dangerous ways.
So unless you have something to hide, you should be in favour of a front plate.

He also imports Japanese sports cars and has one sitting at my parents so I took a picture for him to show him that they make cars look like crap.

Attachments

• Daves Car 003.jpg
    Daves Car 003.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 94

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
In a lot of situations there are persons that cannot give a clear description of the Auto, Or even the color for that matter.... Never mind to read a plate number ! :confused:

Catgirl

Reaction score
I said yes to bringing back the front plate but no to a new design. I have personalized plates so I have a front plate attached already. If they redesign and I have to pay for new plates they're gonna screw me over with a ridiculous amount for the personalized replacements (I'm sure).

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter either way I can see the dam thing from in the cab anyways.

Top Bottom