Air filter cleaning

Andrew19

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 08 Honda CRF250R and i was wondering what the best product is for cleaning the foam air filter and air filter element.
Thanks
Andrew

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually just use soap and water and clean it till the filter wrings out clean. Of course about 50% of my Bel-ray oil still remains,.. but that is why I use it,.. keeps out the dirt.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i usualy use notoil air filter cleaner and oil. works well at gettin the filter clean and you can get the spray or liquid filter oil. did lots of sand ridin when i had my 09 crf 450r last year and nothin made it past the filter and into the intake tract

Speederz

Reaction score
Notoil air filter cleaner and oil is what I have used in the past

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I clean my air filter first by dipping it in a bucket of dirty or clean gasoline to loosen the dirt/oil particles then I dip it in a bucket of hot soapy water and wring it out a couple times, dunk, wring, dunk, then I slap on my hand really hard to "bang out" the remaining water/dirt ...let it dry a bit then repeat the hand banging then I turn it inside out and dry some more then I use the Bel Ray air filter oil.. my technique is to puncture small holes in the foil cover part on a brand new bottle and I just kinda "bingo dab" onto my filter... voila

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I clean my air filter first by dipping it in a bucket of dirty or clean gasoline to loosen the dirt/oil particles then I dip it in a bucket of hot soapy water and wring it out a couple times, dunk, wring, dunk, then I slap on my hand really hard to "bang out" the remaining water/dirt ...let it dry a bit then repeat the hand banging then I turn it inside out and dry some more then I use the Bel Ray air filter oil.. my technique is to puncture small holes in the foil cover part on a brand new bottle and I just kinda "bingo dab" onto my filter... voila

Gas is not good on the binding agent(glue) that holds the layers or seams together on foam filters,.. it eats it away and degrades it. You are better off using varsol as it is not so harsh.

Top Bottom