aftermarket throttle lever for smaller hands?

dpimpact

Reaction score
The title says it...just wondering if anyone knows of a different throttle available for the wife's Polaris...problem is she has to extend her hand so much that to push the throttle she's barely got a grip on the bar.
I guess the other option is to just melt it and form it differently?

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The title says it...just wondering if anyone knows of a different throttle available for the wife's Polaris...problem is she has to extend her hand so much that to push the throttle she's barely got a grip on the bar.
If you form it different you would never get full throttle! I have never heard of this problem before.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Cr racing has alum throttle blocks that have different pivot points. I just put the specialty sled alum throttle block on my wife's sled and now she has the same problem as your wife. So I would stay away from that one.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I still have one of those throttle flare things, attaches to the flipper and gives a couple different positions to push the flipper, check them out online and if its something you can use you can have it.

unimog

Reaction score
I have big hands and still have trouble keeping a grip in the whoops, I rotated the throttle so I can use my index finger instead of my thumb. May work to try that out for your wife.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the CR one on another sled, worked good but again, you might not get full throttle depending on your pivot point. You should just consider rotating it a few degrees up or down also, or entirely around. A few degrees up or down might just be the ticket though, depending on the sled and bar height it might be that she is trying to leverage it from the wrong angle. Also, if she is getting throttle thumb, her spring pull might too strong, this was an issue with some of the older sleds. Not sure what year Polaris she is on but you might be able to back off the spring tension or take a couple coils off and that will make it easier.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could a guy mount a two stage throttle like the old 95 summits had possibly?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Katie is having the same issue. I've tried changing the angle of the throttle but it's still not quit right. I see her pushing on the throttle with the palm of her hand sometimes, how comfortable can that be.

Anyone know where they sell the throttle flare in Canada. For the price it's worth a try.(EDIT) they are out of Reddeer!!!! http://snobunjecanada.com/store.php?crn=74

A video if you haven't seen one before......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTy-eBX4YAA

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its a carb sled I have also cut the springs on the carb slides before to get an easier throttle pull.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I bet she makes you look huge.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We put a 'Throttle Gizmo' on a sled used by small handed people. It works fine and does not affect full throttle. Check it out here . It's easy to install.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Katie is having the same issue. I've tried changing the angle of the throttle but it's still not quit right. I see her pushing on the throttle with the palm of her hand sometimes, how comfortable can that be.

Anyone know where they sell the throttle flare in Canada. For the price it's worth a try.(EDIT) they are out of Reddeer!!!! CONTACT US

A video if you haven't seen one before......

Snobunje Throttle Flare.wmv - YouTube

rec supply saskatoon,

sb-1058 $15.95, 9 available.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to discourage you from getting the throttle flare but I honestly don't see how it would help someone with small hands to reach the throttle any easier which is the point of the original post. The reach is still going to be too long. It looks to be more for thumb fatigue by allowing you to change thumb position.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to discourage you from getting the throttle flare but I honestly don't see how it would help someone with small hands to reach the throttle any easier which is the point of the original post. The reach is still going to be too long. It looks to be more for thumb fatigue by allowing you to change thumb position.

The flare adds a portion of a lever on the top and bottom of the main flipper thats technically closer to the bar so it would be easier to grab for someone with shorter hands.

Top Bottom