Aftermarket Can Issue?

Assaulter

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

So I was having the famous Mid Range Bog going on with my 2011 Assault, so I took it in to the dealer, and they adjusted the TPS. I had my stock can on when they did the adjustment. I brought it back and went for a ride, and the bog was gone, and it hauled ass like never before. Thinking that the issue was gone, I reinstalled my Jaws Performance can, and took it back up the hill the following weekend. The bog was back! It seemed to be running richer than normal, and it was bogging at 7800 RPM all day long! It didn't matter if I was down low or up high on RPM...it just didn't perform. I have since put the stock can back on, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Has anyone had any problems like this with their aftermarket cans, or symptoms like this? Thinking it might be a back pressure issue? Any idea's would be appreciated. Thanks!

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the MBRP on a 12 and have never had a bog issue with it.I ride mostly from 5-7K elevation.0 issues on the trail up or down as well.The dealer I bought it off has sold over 24 of these and no one has had any issues.Sound is quiet at idle and nice bark when WFO.Mine pulls 8250 in the hills and even 8300 on the trail on the way down.

ditch1000

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

So I was having the famous Mid Range Bog going on with my 2011 Assault, so I took it in to the dealer, and they adjusted the TPS. I had my stock can on when they did the adjustment. I brought it back and went for a ride, and the bog was gone, and it hauled ass like never before. Thinking that the issue was gone, I reinstalled my Jaws Performance can, and took it back up the hill the following weekend. The bog was back! It seemed to be running richer than normal, and it was bogging at 7800 RPM all day long! It didn't matter if I was down low or up high on RPM...it just didn't perform. I have since put the stock can back on, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Has anyone had any problems like this with their aftermarket cans, or symptoms like this? Thinking it might be a back pressure issue? Any idea's would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've seen guys have issues with the Jaws Cans causing bogs also. I have a HPS can on mine and mine never bogs also. It's about the same sound at idle and has a nice bark when you crack the throttle.

Top Bottom