AFD Petroleum

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More and more fuel stations are going computerized. They are monitored for volume so they never run out instead of dipping them and from what I was told also for density. This is to stop mixes as diesel has a different density as gas. Also same thing with water. they are allowed a very small amount of water in the tank or it needs to be addressed. People put a lot into trusting that the fuel stop owner/manager knows what he is doing.
I used to sell these systems, they work very well. Capacitance probe could even detect the presence of water.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for the fuel side but their lubes I have used in my heavy equipment fleet. That said I've recently switched over to Shell, not overly thrilled finding heavy sediment in damn near every pail of their pricey synthetic transmission/hydraulic oil that they spoke so highly of... I will say that when I put an order in, it was delivered at my shop same day or next day, can't complain about that.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for the fuel side but their lubes I have used in my heavy equipment fleet. That said I've recently switched over to Shell, not overly thrilled finding heavy sediment in damn near every pail of their pricey synthetic transmission/hydraulic oil that they spoke so highly of... I will say that when I put an order in, it was delivered at my shop same day or next day, can't complain about that.
Probably wanted to deliver it before you changed your mind.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought the one tank, leatched into the other, had a hole in the division wall

Oh so that's what happened I wonder how long they were selling contaminated fuel before it got so bad it screwed up a bunch of sleds?

That guy that screwed up my vehicle had a real ****ty attitude about it even though he did it and denied responsibility. Said gas won't hurt a diesel. He left there to rent snowbikes or something like that. Thought he was the owner but maybe not?
I was spending around 5 to six hundred bucks a month there thinking I was supporting a local independent that supports the club but after that I and took that across the street.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to throw a company under the bus because I can be wrong just as much as AFD so take it how you want. A couple of weeks ago I bought some SL99 race fuel from their bulk tank. It was cool and relatively dark outside so I sat in my truck and let the guy fill my jerry can with gas and he put it in my truck. 20 liters on the bill. Next day the sun was hitting the jug just right so I could see how much was in it and thought it should have more in it. I have what I consider a pretty decent measuring jug and after 3 times came up with only 17.5 liters. I phoned them and not being a jerk asked them if they had a measuring jug that they used so we could see if the pump actually was out to lunch. They said it would be looked into and get back to me right away. Now I know it was only 20 liter can but 2.5 is still supposed to be mine. 2 weeks now and nothing, I suppose in their defense I could be scamming them some how too. While I have been waiting for a reply I have thought about the guys out there that buy a slip tank full and how it would add up. So like I said at the beginning I could be wrong. Maybe mark your jugs at 20 liters to see how you end up. Thanks for the replies guys.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they have a social media presence? Bury them if they do. Google Review them. Someone up the chain will notice and address all these issues.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be more careful next time and if there is a problem hopefully they address it. It is one of those things with all the pumps ,you just never know when it is not going to be accurate. Maybe some one can tell me how often they are calibrated by government or their own inspectors. You would think they would check for themselves cause it could easily go the other way and then they would be giving the consumer too much. Mind you on the bulk fuel trucks it is metered into the truck tank and then metered into your tank. Also a heads up for other guys like I said filling slip tanks.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be more careful next time and if there is a problem hopefully they address it. It is one of those things with all the pumps ,you just never know when it is not going to be accurate. Maybe some one can tell me how often they are calibrated by government or their own inspectors. You would think they would check for themselves cause it could easily go the other way and then they would be giving the consumer too much. Mind you on the bulk fuel trucks it is metered into the truck tank and then metered into your tank. Also a heads up for other guys like I said filling slip tanks.
Measurement Canada is a yearly calibration. Should be a white sticker on the pump somewhere.

Calibration is temperature corrected to 15C which is why if you bought fuel below 15c you maybe be seeing a difference.

Mass is the best double check for this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom