Aero Charger turbo Etec?

sewell386

Reaction score
I have heard nothing good about this combo so far I have seen 3 etecs blow up in under 5 days with these kits what's the deal and what's the way to go? Boon docker or trask

schiermnultra

Reaction score
I'm hearing the same about areocharger and trask system. Last year the trask looked pretty good. Looks can fool. So far I have heard good things about boondocker but time will tell for sure.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing the same about areocharger and trask system. Last year the trask looked pretty good. Looks can fool. So far I have heard good things about boondocker but time will tell for sure.

Wind scare you off sledding today. I don't blame you.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i goota ask, what is blowing up, and where was this happening??, or do you have conections with boondocker...lol

just got back from revy on a 5 day trip, deep powder riding and the aerocharger on the etec ran crazy strong, we also have a trask with us that does not stand a chance as of yet, boost is at 7.5 lbs or close to the 230hp and runs as smooth as i have ever seen, their is a slight hesitaion off the start but nothing that a little seat time and tuning can take care of

the biggest bounis i see so far is that the motor has been able to handle the increase in power, no crank or rod issues and now 700 miles boosted

the problem we all have is reeds, and brp just came out with a turbo reed to hopfully take care of that, this motor boosted could be the future

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fred have you tried stacking oem reeds? This is my plan to try on my rt turbo which runs the same reed pedals as the e tec. Would like a list of what you have tried and doesn't work so I don't waste my time and money doing the same. Also think the boost it kit might keep the reeds lasting longer as fuel would be flowing through them keeping them a little cooler than just hot air.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
two of us ran the stock reeds on a aerocharger and a trask, lasted one day at 5lbs, second day went to 7 lbs and we both blew with in 5 miles,

trask has two days on boyseen turbo reeds, but seams like lag is worse, with dobec fuel box

on aerocharger i doubbled up stock reeds in the inside, left ouside of cage single stock, now have four days on them and found sparkplug loose, causing some backfire, and i think took out mag side reeds, have not looked at them yet, since we just got home

the dobec box also uses secondary injectors just like the boost it box, so no difference their

as for the future, brp just released a turbo reed, seen some the other day, they look thinner than boyseen turbo reeds, so it might be the answer, i also just received a set of tony ducas turbo reeds.24 and they look like they could last as well

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
two of us ran the stock reeds on a aerocharger and a trask, lasted one day at 5lbs, second day went to 7 lbs and we both blew with in 5 miles,

trask has two days on boyseen turbo reeds, but seams like lag is worse, with dobec fuel box

on aerocharger i doubbled up stock reeds in the inside, left ouside of cage single stock, now have four days on them and found sparkplug loose, causing some backfire, and i think took out mag side reeds, have not looked at them yet, since we just got home

the dobec box also uses secondary injectors just like the boost it box, so no difference their

as for the future, brp just released a turbo reed, seen some the other day, they look thinner than boyseen turbo reeds, so it might be the answer, i also just received a set of tony ducas turbo reeds.24 and they look like they could last as well[/QUOTE

Brp as in Bombardier released some turbo reeds? That surprises me as I don't hink they are to keen on guys running turbo's on their ETEC's.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is that right, then why would aerocharger receive a etec over the summer prior to its release.... skidoo has speial intrest in this$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: 707

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently heard rumor of the race shop having some boosted snocrosser's running about

TURBO PIG

Reaction score
lol I had a ride on aero etec this week as well, seemed to work ok once it was lit but took more time to lite than a 4 stroke, needs alot of tuning. Dont think seet time should be an issue as aero claims no lag. LOVE TO SEE IT IN THE TREES

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^That is awesome! If that sled holds up with pump gas in it for a full season, then I'm sold. Hopefully I can get one that is tuned and clutched as good as that on is!

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
anyone out their having a hesitation in their e-tec with a aerocharger turbo with intercooler? i am riding a 2011 etec with aerocharger system on it, works very well bet has a boggy hesitation till about 6000rpm seems like over fueling but plugs look perfect. pulling 8pounds boost and 12.25 air/fuel full throttle, but when the turbo spools it crazy> if anyone has had any issues let me know, it would be crazy if the turbo spooled up as soon as you squeze the throttle

Top Bottom