adding wheels

Keng

Reaction score
so i have a 155 rmk and i want to add wheels to the skid. how many are recomended and where should i place them. im thinking 2 or 4.. any help would be awesome

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put a wheel kit on my 155 dragon,6 wheels in kit 2 wheels inside rails 4 outside,works awsome.directions in kit.

Keng

Reaction score
have any pics of the install you did.. the istructions are vague and for a 163. so if you have a pic or could take one that would be awesome.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I put a kit on mine...very simple to do. The placement for the wheels are the same for both the 155 and 163. 4 on the outside of the rail and 2 on the inner side . Makes a hell of a difference in saving your sliders.$143 for the kit .

Attachments

• DCP_3698.jpg
    DCP_3698.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 27

Keng

Reaction score
thats exactly what mine looks like without me adding any wheels yet. as for why i need pics of an 08 with them added on a 155. but thanks for the pic.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many wheels on your sled now.holes are pre-drilled in rails.

Keng

Reaction score
4 outside of rail 2 inside and the two rear wheels. thats how it came and ive had it since new. i have almost 1100 miles on those sliders and they are almost shot again. and its wearing them out just behind the 1st set of outside wheels. the rest of the sliders look like new.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 outside of rail 2 inside and the two rear wheels. thats how it came and ive had it since new. i have almost 1100 miles on those sliders and they are almost shot again. and its wearing them out just behind the 1st set of outside wheels. the rest of the sliders look like new.

track ajusted to spec? 1100 is pretty good.low snow conditions?might havta use scratchers more.i have 700 miles on mine 400 mountains 300 on the flats sliders look new used scratchers twice.

Keng

Reaction score
i have my track as loose as i can run it without it skipping. and i would say more trail riding need to get to my spots somehow and well i am in ontario. lol. they kinda try to push trails. lol. so trying to do anything to make them last longer than they are. i dont have scratchers.. cause well the trails are usually just packed snow not ice. and its only that one place where they are wearing out. and the way you mount scratchers i dont think they would do anything. cause they wear out about 2 inches away from the front set of wheels. they wear out kinda like a wave just in that spot as well.. i could probably mount them on a short track sled and get another coulple seasons out of them

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would put on scratchers they work on packed, spray snow in the suspension and it carries it forward to front.also helps with engine temps.

Keng

Reaction score
well ill try those.. now i have a set of 6 wheels sitting on the bench. lol.. oh well spare wheels i guess lol

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take them back buy scratchers,enough $ left over for beer

Keng

Reaction score
they charge 25% restocking.. ill just keep them. they dont stock much for upgraded parts at my dealer. or any dealer close to me.. well ones for deep powder machines

do you have hand guards on your sled and what brackets did you use to mount them?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope they would just get broken off,wear leather gloves.

Keng

Reaction score
i wear lether gloves.. had them on the sled with the powermadd brackets. and then got fed up of not being able to use the park brake got a set of polaris mounts and the taps for the grab bar are in the way.. lol.. hit them a few times nad never broke them.

gonna be adding the holtz a amrs, spindles and alpha x rear suspension over the summer as well as CR racing running board.. any experience with those or know of anyone that had used them?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of info on snowest or hc sledders.not gonna put much into mine,worried about 800 issue's. it works good for me,just put a can on and tunnel bag etc.good luck with yours.

Keng

Reaction score
thanx.. ill have to check them out.. i have a mbrp on order. and have the under seat bag. being the 700 wasnt too worried.. but after the rebuild little worried that my sled is not using enough oil.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a little oil in gas is cheap insurance,proper warm up good to go.700's are lasting longer.

Top Bottom