A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No mods, once it is done break in Im going to advance the timing 2 degrees. Supposed to be good for an extra 6hp on the etec!

I was told the timing advance will void the warranty. Got a buddy has it done on his 14 and it seemed to have worked. Holding off on mine because of the 2 1/2 year left on the warranty.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can advance I believe up to 3 degrees with BUDS or Candoo.

Actually it seems most etecs are set at -0.6 from factory. Most guys foot 0.5 or 1. I know I asked motor tech to set mine to +2, giving it at advance of 2.5. It's seems guys with big bores or high comp heads are limited to 1.0 with most at 0-0.5.

The budds system allows upto +4.0 advance, people out east actually do the plus 4.

hp gains is about 5-6 on a +4.0 timing advance, if you want to believe my bull**** ;)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off, today was fawkin sick! Over the bars deep where i was at Kyle.

Yes Buds to advance timing, yes it voids warranty. Buds sends an email to BRP with your serial # when you do it.

Busy tonight, life is good Cheers Dan:beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan. Where was over the bars? Best we saw at Boulder was maybe 2 ft back in the lakes. Tell us old wise one. Haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan. Where was over the bars? Best we saw at Boulder was maybe 2 ft back in the lakes. Tell us old wise one. Haha

I was riding Boulder today also. Going way far back to the lakes is kinda a waste, everybody does that. I like you, so Ill tell you where the snow is.

Front side of the mountain,,, I ride like maybe 10km away from the lot. Head up the Benazan, Viedamen, kirkup what ever. Use a GPS to log the trail.
Bail over the side of the trail into the steepest chit you can find and meet up with the trail below.(find a big switch back) Some of the drops are pretty sweet. The Heli drop is a 8km downhill! No tracks really but snowboard tracks. Over the hood snow and is just plain sick. A lot of people just down hill this stuff, cause its steep and deep+tight.
How ever I like to go up this chit cause its way harder/fun. Or you could drop down below Monster Bowl. Never went there today but probably pretty deep.
Or below the Airport down the steep gully is good. Might not make it back up, so you got to know the way out via the kirkup Valley.
The Kirkup Valley is also mostly untouched, places in there with no tracks at all this season. Best snow I found is at around 3500 feet doing the Kirkup Dunny drops.(first time I rode that line,super sick)

Ill be up there tomorrow at some point, had a few pops tonight so probably not till 11ish lol Find me & Ill show you a spot or 2. Drunk post, so if it makes no sense Im sorry lol

Cheers Dan:beer:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So true Dan, made it back to the lakes yesterday and snow was okkkkk, but nothing to right home about, on the way out I seen some of that good stuff and wondered the same thing.. No fog, better snow.. More trees.. Like it was God sent..

montana has gotten some decent dumps lately.. Revy seams behind in general

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding Boulder today also. Going way far back to the lakes is kinda a waste, everybody does that. I like you, so Ill tell you where the snow is.

Front side of the mountain,,, I ride like maybe 10km away from the lot. Head up the Benazan, Viedamen, kirkup what ever. Use a GPS to log the trail.
Bail over the side of the trail into the steepest chit you can find and meet up with the trail below.(find a big switch back) Some of the drops are pretty sweet. The Heli drop is a 8km downhill! No tracks really but snowboard tracks. Over the hood snow and is just plain sick. A lot of people just down hill this stuff, cause its steep and deep+tight.
How ever I like to go up this chit cause its way harder/fun. Or you could drop down below Monster Bowl. Never went there today but probably pretty deep.
Or below the Airport down the steep gully is good. Might not make it back up, so you got to know the way out via the kirkup Valley.
The Kirkup Valley is also mostly untouched, places in there with no tracks at all this season. Best snow I found is at around 3500 feet doing the Kirkup Dunny drops.(first time I rode that line,super sick)

Ill be up there tomorrow at some point, had a few pops tonight so probably not till 11ish lol Find me & Ill show you a spot or 2. Drunk post, so if it makes no sense Im sorry lol

Cheers Dan
Gota love drunkin rambling posts, that's the most in a while u have went on, good to see there Dan

Nice to see ur still finding new areas still lol, after all them km in there

I still find new stuff all the time also, like this one area we now call headlight and bumpers ( name says it all)

Feel better, tree ride sweat it out lol

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Dan, always liked your honest sled reviews.What sled is the standout this year. (if any).

Um the new Axys is pretty nice, but the T3's are the best overall production mountain sled ever built. Period.

Some of my friends will likely disagree, but that is my honest opinion.

Top Bottom