98 Summit 670X DPM not working? Just re-jet or Fix?

ZakAttack

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a 98 Summit 670X a month ago, the guy who I bought it from just had the top and bottom end done (spent around 3000!) at centre point performance in Calmar, the DPM (if thats the term used for the altitude compensator as a whole? or a certain part is the dpm..?) has been bypassed, it has a couple of fuel lines that were removed, I took i back to centre point, they did a check over, everything is good to go, but I was told the compensator isn't working correctly, so they just bypassed it and put different jets in that will work around here. My question is this, is the compensator one piece? or could there be a few things not working right with it... second, if its fairly easy, does anyone have a working one for sale?
Is it even worth the time and effort or should I just re-jet if I go to the mountains?
Is there an advantage to bypassing it (more hp?)
I do want to go to the mountains a couple times this winter, and I'm sure re-jetting can't be that bad I have changed jetting on a couple of my bikes, where do I find out what jets I need for what elevation?

670rugerboy

Reaction score
You can rejet ,but the dpm has to be plugged off. Use the jetting chart from the 670 formula. There are also tests you can do to test your dpm. I had same problem. Every time I went to the mountains it wouldn't run properly. I found out later that I could hard jet it. After I got a new cpu. Ebay $80

ZakAttack

Reaction score
hard jet?? do you mean hand jet it??
Which parts need to be plugged... Centre Point disconnected mine, and I see 2 spots that did have lines connected to them, but there is no plugs on them.... Do you have a picture?

670rugerboy

Reaction score
the hoses going from dpm to the carbs should be removed from dpm and plugged. There are 2 servo's on the dpm ,that you can test with a 12 volt battery.

Top Bottom