97summit 670 with artic cat clutch what belt should i run

alran

Reaction score
I just bought this thing and it has good bottom end but in the deep powder its slow and boggs but on the hard pack it rips up to 180km @8500 rpm im thinkin of trying a belt first but i have the factory summit belt and the dealer said thats not the one to be using and ask the pros

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
111 mph 97 Summit 670??

I've always run the later ZX belt with that combo, at least when I had my 99 which should be the same. It's the 027 belt.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
111 mph 97 Summit 670??

Yes, that is why it probably bogs in the powder. They never geared them too differently from the factory compared to the MXZ's really, the stock MXZ was 26/43 and the Summit was a tooth or so lower. They used to suck in powder as they had would just spin the track to mach chicken from a standstill, spent a month digging mine out almost every time I stopped until a 20 T top sprocket went it. we raced them on a flat valley bottom road one time with the stock gearing, and I was easily in excess of 160 km/hr (when I briefly glanced at the speedo it was around 165...very briefly....) until my belt exploded, and there was a little left in it, so 170 would be reasonable. Another reason to drop the gearing unless you are riding in Sask. His clutching is off regardless, he should not be anywhere near 8500 RPM, the motor makes peak power at 7700 rpm.

Top Bottom