872 Big Bore E-tec

YFZ 450

Reaction score

Your Rotax Performance Expert
1-507-281-3545

[h=1]872 E-Tec[/h]
[h=1][/h]We are now in our third year of building this great Big Bore torque Monster, We have developed this kit
for the Summit vehicle at elevation. We logged over 1800 miles in 2010-2011 season. In the 2011-2012 season we produced seven of these kits for our dealers and customers, (including racing one) all with the expected results. We build and produce this kit, not speculating as others are doing at this time

E-tec Big Bore Kit includes
Cylinder boring, our updated porting designs, plating, Our exclusive custom cast, ceramic coated
pistons, rings, bearing, piston pin, circlips, Oem specific base gasket, Machine stock head for
requested compression ratio (many ratios available). Our coolant manifold and clamps,
Fuel enricher circuit included
$2,375.00.
Customer supplied cylinder, head, raves

Might be a option for next season. Has anyone seen or tried this Big bore kit????????

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your Rotax Performance Expert
1-507-281-3545

872 E-Tec

We are now in our third year of building this great Big Bore torque Monster, We have developed this kit
for the Summit vehicle at elevation. We logged over 1800 miles in 2010-2011 season. In the 2011-2012 season we produced seven of these kits for our dealers and customers, (including racing one) all with the expected results. We build and produce this kit, not speculating as others are doing at this time

E-tec Big Bore Kit includes
Cylinder boring, our updated porting designs, plating, Our exclusive custom cast, ceramic coated
pistons, rings, bearing, piston pin, circlips, Oem specific base gasket, Machine stock head for
requested compression ratio (many ratios available). Our coolant manifold and clamps,
Fuel enricher circuit included
$2,375.00.
Customer supplied cylinder, head, raves

Might be a option for next season. Has anyone seen or tried this Big bore kit????????

Got 2 872R's in are group and they are brutes and very smooth feel like a real well tuned 1000.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer has these in stock for the etec, I'm anxious to hear how they work, no fuel controller required. And pump gas comp ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer has these in stock for the etec, I'm anxious to hear how they work, no fuel controller required. And pump gas comp ratio.

Talked to him yesterday and he made sound like a big friggen secret on the big bore kinda pissed me off talking like it was a prototype and only 1 in Canada and would not say whose it was and 3800 for it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to him yesterday and he made sound like a big friggen secret on the big bore kinda pissed me off talking like it was a prototype and only 1 in Canada and would not say whose it was and 3800 for it.
Did you talk to him at the show in Whitecourt? Or did you call on Sat?
They have the Trygstad 872 etec complete engine swap with balanced crank and topend kits for your own engine. The original poster just copied from trystaads webpage.
The complete engines are rare, and not sure on how many top end kits there are in canada. I know there is one currently installed in a xm, it's not mine LOL, and the owner of the sled wants to keep it a secret.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with some of these "kits" was that many of the builders started trying out changes on the 2011 800 Etecs. The motor's had minor changes in 2012 that made the crapping backwards ass 2011's that they were developing not as significant on the 2012's. Put 2012 cylinders and use the 2012 gasket thickness on 2011's and it solves a lot of problems.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trygstad waited till this year to put it into production from what I understand, its hard to market something with so many changes made to the etec in the last couple of years.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to him at Whitecourt with the sled there. Have since talked to him. Would not say where the kit was from over it now.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you talk to him at the show in Whitecourt? Or did you call on Sat?
They have the Trygstad 872 etec complete engine swap with balanced crank and topend kits for your own engine. The original poster just copied from trystaads webpage.
The complete engines are rare, and not sure on how many top end kits there are in canada. I know there is one currently installed in a xm, it's not mine LOL, and the owner of the sled wants to keep it a secret.
I talked to Dave via email and he says the kits are now bullet proof! He said the one obstacle they had was the factory imbalance of the 800 engine. The pistons they have developed for kit corrects this issue? It sounds like they use a auxiliary fuel system to feed engine however he did not elaborate and I never asked? Sounded like they did not use any kind of controller? I think I'm going this route next season!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give bikman a call, i seen one runing last week, you will like it

hpjunkie

Reaction score
I talked to Dave via email and he says the kits are now bullet proof! He said the one obstacle they had was the factory imbalance of the 800 engine. The pistons they have developed for kit corrects this issue? It sounds like they use a auxiliary fuel system to feed engine however he did not elaborate and I never asked? Sounded like they did not use any kind of controller? I think I'm going this route next season!

Sounds like they are using a "power jet" type of supplemental fuel delivery like on carbed turbos, etc?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We will be doing one for a customer this week Steve. The top end should be back to the shop tomorrow. Should have some solid info next week sometime as he is headed to Revy first of the week.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is no fuel controller being used, and they recommend the stock exhaust, the complete engine swap program has a balanced crank and the t stat kit. Not sure how many engines are left. But they stock the top end kits.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a chance to ride my dealers xm with the trygstad etec 872 in it. I was very impressed, very clean running and smooth!!
even tho he was running stock clutching but had 20g of pinweight in it the sled ran awsome!! The stock clutching does not do that engine justice! Can't wait to see what it does with decent clutching in it.

Joum39

Reaction score
I am running this kit in my 2011, sounds like you guys should just call Dave. I had nothing but a good experience with him on the phone, we went over everything, he was more than willing to explain his theories behind everything and no secrets. Sent him my cylinders, head and raves, and was returned a week and a half later, and so far i am extremely happy with it.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there was one with us last weekend in revy, not much said about it, and was asked to ride with us

also had a 872 carbed with us and it ran very well, that might be the sled to beat this winter, but he is also very light and a great tuner

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there was one with us last weekend in revy, not much said about it, and was asked to ride with us

also had a 872 carbed with us and it ran very well, that might be the sled to beat this winter, but he is also very light and a great tuner
Barry didn't change his by chance?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are doing another 872R they love lots of load we are running deano670 clutch kit but we found 433 ramps better for are riding with thundershift arms with 13.8 grams in the arm and 21.2 grams on clicker#1 we're going to a lighter spring to shed some weight .I would down load some video,but I have no idea how.

Top Bottom