860 Big Bore or Aerocharge Turbo

snowrider27

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has done any mod's to their 08 xp's yet? if so is it worth the extra $ to go right for the turbo? or Big Bore?

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the turbo will make more power but you'll be wrenching a lot moe than a bigbore the 860's work well

snowtractor

Reaction score
Hey in my opinion if you have the cash go for the turbo i did one and i'm not loking back the extra Hp is like haveing a whole new sled its hard to explain the Sh!!t your pants wow factor and not really that much wrenching

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on an xp 800 should make 200 to 240 depends on the setup. what i meant by wrenching is you'll have to tune it alot more often because the doo's arn't efi

CRF

Reaction score
I found tuneing to not really be an issue once you get the base line set

I recomend talking to an engine builder (Terra Alps), and getting the pros and cons. From my understanding turbo's are not designed for carburated engines. Until they come out with a fuel injected system for the XP, I wont be wasting my money on a turbo.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recomend talking to an engine builder (Terra Alps), and getting the pros and cons. From my understanding turbo's are not designed for carburated engines. Until they come out with a fuel injected system for the XP, I wont be wasting my money on a turbo.

Go on snowest and look in the forsale section for the XP Conversion EFI Areo turbo kit. 6500 but its close to everyone elses prices and converts the XP to efi.

REAL XP Turbo Kit!!! - SnoWest Forum

looks good to me:d

studsrsx

Reaction score
I got an 08 with turbo. What a blast!! Once setup, hardly any tuning. Love mine and would definatly do it again. Talk to Glen in Mcbride. He will give you his honest opinion.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think we need to get something straight here.

everyone is saying very little tuning involved once you get the baseline set.

i coud see if you are riding in the flatland that once you get it set there is not need to tune it.

but mountain riding?

fluctuating anywhere from 3000-10000ft and -20 to +5 degrees on any given day.

there has to be some stuff to deal with in the mountains.

Top Bottom