850 coolant bottle recall anyone else..?

Denali881

Reaction score
850 coolant bottle mount recall anyone else..?

Dealer called me last week to bring my 850 in for a coolant bottle mount recall. Anyone else got this phone call.? apparently its only for the e start models

on a side note, i had my sled out in Golden last weekend and it seemed to work awesome. definitely more tippy than my last 14 xm 146''

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 850 coolant bottle mount recall anyone else..?

He is right. Parts are finally in stock at the dealers.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Got the update parts and did the install of the pull handle shroud.
Just to be extra safe I made an offset bracket out of 1/8 puck board that puts the reservoir on the opposite side of the chain case
Put two rounded sweeps in the bracket so that it is solid but still floats and the bracket sweeps can compress if hit. Two pop rivets hidden when panel closed and no flex allowed at this connection point as it is now the main jug support.
Also put a rubber washer on either side of the reservoir for some extra extra movement protection.
Reservoir is very well hidden and behind pull start shroud completely
Pics show a bit but if you wanna see it I will be at MM.
There is no need to reinstall the jug screw into the chaincase, this screw is for the jug only.
Also quad zip tied the factory plastic support to the aluminum frame strut (stops up and down sliding) with 6mm ties
paperclip.png
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
RIDE IT LIKE A RENTAL

Last edited:

Rulonjj

Reaction score

I just cut the holder off of mine and ziptied it to the wiring harness. I don't like the idea of moving the coolant bottle up under the hood. Makes it hard to get to.

Attachments

• IMG_3974.jpg
    IMG_3974.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 268

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The units in crates were short of antifreeze so BRP has released a tech bulletin telling dealers to top up the bottles at predelivery. Our store did this before the bulletin came out because it was the right thing to do. Always loosen up the rad cap and retighten before checking the level. Unless it is low it will pressure release and come back to the proper level.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The units in crates were short of antifreeze so BRP has released a tech bulletin telling dealers to top up the bottles at predelivery. Our store did this before the bulletin came out because it was the right thing to do. Always loosen up the rad cap and retighten before checking the level. Unless it is low it will pressure release and come back to the proper level.

They come short of gas as well ? Lol

If BRP has to send out a bulletin for low antifreeze to dealers they might want to look at the dealerships?
REALLY !!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If BRP has to send out a bulletin for low antifreeze to dealers they might want to look at the dealerships?
REALLY !!!
I agree! HaHa! Prolly more for offering to reimburse the dealer for adding antifreeze. Back in 08 the XP's were short synthetic chain oil in the chaincases. We had to top up 162 chaincases at our store. Worked out to hundreds of dollars lost. Never reimbursed us then. The dealers now are spoiled. Lol.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com

REALLY !!!

could be air bubble in the line. so the recall is to start sled on ramp then let it idle for a minute then shut off and fill appropriately...simple to do yourself.

Top Bottom