800R "bog" in midrange

Summit69

Reaction score
Took my '09 summit for a rip today and it was running great, after about an hour it started to bog a bit in mid RPM (5000ish) but would still pull 8-8200RPM @ WOT. It got to the point of when it happened, I quickly looked at the killswitch to see if I hit it, but would still pull @ WOT. It was holding 8200RPM , but then would fluctuate around 7800ish to 8-8200. It has 500mi, bone stock except for stinger and vent kits. Thanks for any input, its appreciated.

P.S. Havent pulled plugs yet, just letting it drip for a while in the garage...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my '09 summit for a rip today and it was running great, after about an hour it started to bog a bit in mid RPM (5000ish) but would still pull 8-8200RPM @ WOT. It got to the point of when it happened, I quickly looked at the killswitch to see if I hit it, but would still pull @ WOT. It was holding 8200RPM , but then would fluctuate around 7800ish to 8-8200. It has 500mi, bone stock except for stinger and vent kits. Thanks for any input, its appreciated.

P.S. Havent pulled plugs yet, just letting it drip for a while in the garage...

I would recommend Changing your plugs and check you spark plug caps fore wear and put a little dieelectric grease on them, Take the plug off the ECM and add dielectric grease on the connection. if this doesn't cure it you should start looking elsewhere like your carbs than your raves, and DPM.
My 09 did something like that once it's almost like the ignition cut out. I did the first step and pud the grease on the connections and it helped mine.

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue. Take you primary clutch off and clean it really well and take the RAVE valves out and clean them as well. should do the trick for you.

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue. Take you primary clutch off and clean it really well and take the RAVE valves out and clean them as well. should do the trick for you.

X2, sounds like the clutch needs cleaning and at the same time do the rave valves too. Most of the time it's those two.

moonbeam

Reaction score
Change The Rollers in ur 2ndary, the stock rollers get flat spots very quickly, i recommend A SET OF Hi-Torque. 3 guys i ride with and myself had the same problem on our 09's. The primary should also be cleaned(lots of belt dust on these Xp's)but i think ur main problem will be the rollers.

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how deep was the snow? my 08 was bogging in the stupid deep snow over the weekend but would run awesome after i cleared the intake vents.
gasping for air maybe?

Summit69

Reaction score
how deep was the snow? my 08 was bogging in the stupid deep snow over the weekend but would run awesome after i cleared the intake vents.
gasping for air maybe?

Snow was only 8 inches or so, I checked the intake when we were out there and there was not issues there.

Summit69

Reaction score
Thanks moonbeam. Guess ill check out the clutching.... might just order a DJ kit too while im at it, people seem to love them on the XP's :d

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy of mine struggled with a flat spot at same rpm. he tried jetting and neddles, plugs, rave solenoids, cleaning carbs etc. Nothing cured it until he changed the head to a higher compression SLP head. Who nows what it was but now it is nearly perfect.

boogs

Reaction score
Check your dpm pull the little silver thing out of the plastic an make sure there is no water in it. also make sure all the lines are in place, if this dose not work right it will make your sled run fat as hell. If that dont work take your primary clutch off an if the spring cap is all pitted up(cant read the numbers or see the arrow) your bushing on the outer sheve is gone or war enough to cause it to bind on the shaft.

Top Bottom