750 brute running problems

TMONEY

Reaction score
Recently installed 2" snorkel kit tested after found to bouge at top end pulled snorkels found to still bouge have heard around of troubles with fuel pumps does anybody know proper way to test pressure and volume? NEED HELP !

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not likely to be fuel pump. Just pull the fuel line off the carbs and put it into a little plastic container start it and see if it's pumping. They just pump a little bit. Your problem is likely in the jetting. Those machines are very touchy to air flow. If you take the air box lid off they won't run at full throttle, too lean. When you snorkle it you will have to jet down because it will be to fat at full throttle and sometimes in the mid range as well. I fixed one for a guy that had a bit of a bog down low and would stumble at full throttle and all it was, was a piece of the air box lid seal in the groove had ripped out and it was pulling air past the seal. That's how finicky they are. If your close to central AB, you could bring it by my shop and I could take a look at it for you. 403.748.2219

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you go mudding prior to going to Capt Jack's shop....really coat things up nice....

dsody

Reaction score
yes the brutes can be finiky after snorkels are instaled i had the same issue with my 750 alltho you can try a few other things other than the jets because that can be time consuming process. first thing i found was 2" wasnt big enough i use 2 1/2" flexable pipe another thing was that the more bends the more restrictive it will be so try keep it a strait as possible. and if all else fails then yes jets are going to be the best fix for this issue.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
iv seen lots of guys actuly go with 3'' for intake snorkel did you use the mud in my blood snorkel directions ?

dsody

Reaction score
I looked at mud in my blood snorkel system and used some of their ideas but i didnt use any hard pipe its all heat resistant flexible pipe that way i could keep it as strait as posible on all three snorkels. And if you happen to put it upside down you never have to risk breaking the snorkel system. so far it has worked great best mod by far, only makes it easyer to pull the back spark plug to.

Top Bottom