660 clutch problem

grizwaldo

Reaction score
Lookin for some help.... I recently had an EPI clutch kit installed on my 660. It ran great for about a month or so and then last Saturday, when the grizz starts, it starts tough, like the clutch is engaging on a start up. When it starts in neutral and placed in any gear... it kills instantly. Like when you place a manual drive vehicle in gear without using the clutch and no gas pedal acceleration. Anyhooters; I called EPI and the gal there told me that the one way bearing is most likely bad or going bad and that it would cause this to happen. I tore it apart and got down to the primary clutch cover and it will not come off of the wet clutch so i plugged the oil seal and removed it; removed the snap ring and the aluminum cover came off; but the other "steel cover" is still stuck tighter than a bullz ass at fly time. I read a post from major here awhile ago and he said he had something similar happen to his rig because of improper torqueing of the lock nut to the wet clutch. I did verify from the installer that he did torque this nut to factory spec. Any darn idea what my prob could be? :realmad:

Top Bottom