5 ft box with Mountain Sled?

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They only really bother you if it's not tied down right or your bumper is almost dragging,,,but thats just the rcmp,not the d.o.t's

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy got a ticket last year cause they want to see 3 tie downs on each sled too...or maybe the rcmp guy was in a bad mood.....

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only have one ton daullys,but could you when you have time tell me what it say's on you gvw sticker???

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea,

As stated it's DOT's job to see who is safe and who isn't, but RCMP will pull you over if it looks unsafe. That's my worry with having 4 ft sticking out the back of this thing!

I'll have 3 or 4 tie downs on it. depending on how I tie it down, and then another 2 holding my "extension" in and in place.

I agree with what the RCMP are doing though. If something looks unsafe, which a lot of them do, they should be checking them out.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just make sure its tied down front and rear really well and you should'nt have a problem

Last edited by a moderator:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funniest one I've seen yet is 162 track loaded in a short box with the front of the sled against the tailgate the rear bumper sticking out past the passenger side door. I wondered how they got it in like that.
Last year we were heading towards the road to Corbin and the RCMP stopped us. They checked tie-downs and safety chains. Then they asked if we had registration for the sleds. We did but I thought it was funny that they didn't ask to us to show them.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funniest one I've seen yet is 162 track loaded in a short box with the front of the sled against the tailgate the rear bumper sticking out past the passenger side door. I wondered how they got it in like that.
Last year we were heading towards the road to Corbin and the RCMP stopped us. They checked tie-downs and safety chains. Then they asked if we had registration for the sleds. We did but I thought it was funny that they didn't ask to us to show them.

Last year we got checked multiple times a month for registration and insurance papers on our dirt bikes. They were cracking down for this year, however this year I didn't get stopped once? WTF?

I'm surprised either registration or insurnace is required in B.C. because as far as I'm aware, they aren't required on motorcycles (offroad). We rode in Invermere once and the kids were asking if our bikes were street legal because we all had lights and plates. These are required in Alberta.

Sorry I'm off topic.

Sofa King much pow

Reaction score
Just for the record
it's a162" track in a Ford Supercrew
Deck weighs 175 lbs.
sled weighs 478 lbs

98de7dea.jpg

a278cb16.jpg

In a Toyota Tundra Crewcab
f2bb1ab7.jpg

ea30b123.jpg

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really nice Sofa King!

If you sell then at what cost do they go for?

I like how they keep the trailer hitch.

Was wondering if you have something like this designed for just a bumper mounted ball? Or fastening? Like I stated earlier, I have a company vehicle and don't have the luxury of having a tow package installed.

tasco

Reaction score
Sweet that looks easier to build than a sled deck. It looks like it is mounted to the reciever hitch.

A mechanical tilt deck mounted in your truck box.

I like it

Sofa King much pow

Reaction score
If you mount on bumper ball you can't adjust balance point
Also would be pain to re &re deck
With the reciever hitch you can have tail gate off,deck in truck sled on deck
in less than 5 min.
I see lots a guys loading their sled with tail gate down
but tail gate gets beat up in one season
new tail gate is $500.00 and another $500.00 to match paint
So I figure $1000.00 for deck is Cheep.

Top Bottom